Spell not working...

RedSword

Reaction score
> Yes but the trigger is the variable, and the variable is reset to the base trigger...

Doesn't matter. Nothing happens to the trigger itself.

Well I though about at the end of the first trigger, adding a lines like "Set Temp_Trigger = Void Trigger <gen>" And the Void Trigger would have 0 events/conditions/actions

What would be the best ?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> What would be the best ?

I don't think that would accomplish anything.

As I've said, for now...

Leave it be.

RedSword

Reaction score
Sorry for bothering as I have the feeling that I'm =S, but wouldn't "Custom script: call DestroyTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger() ) " from "
Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts" Tutorial could be used in some way ? I tryed using it in some way but it mixed up my trigger (I didn't know what to put in exactly or where to put it, but I tryed few things though like udg_Temp_Trigger).

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> wouldn't "Custom script: call DestroyTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger() ) "

Yes. That's exactly the action to which I was alluding earlier. However, if you do that, the trigger will no longer function.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Does that mean that trigger variable are unique ?

Hmm. I suppose they are a little bit.

But, in this case, it's just like any other variable.
Can you use a point after you destroy it? No.
You have to set it again.
Which is what you would have to do to the trigger.
But regular variables don't work here.
You can't use a regular variable to re-create a trigger.

RedSword

Reaction score
You mean trigger in that case is like another variable ... then it means that If I destroy the variable and I set it again it would work...

Point :
Set Temp_Point = Position of (Triggering unit)
and then
Custom script : "call DestroyLocation(udg_Temp_Point)"

Trigger :
Set Temp_Trigger = Divine Hammer <gen>
Add tp Temp_Trigger blablabal
Custom script : "call DestroyTrigger(what do I put here ?!)"

I set and destroyed... I don't see how it is diferent from point...
Could u give me the Custom Script to destroy a trigger (the variable one) so I can test myself ? Because nothing work when I try myself to destroy trigger

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's different from a point in that a real trigger (not a trigger variable) uses a different nomenclature from that of normal, everyday variables.
If I were to create a trigger called MYTRIGGER, the actual generated variable that would hold the trigger would be this:

Code:
gg_trg_MYTRIGGER

That is not how normal variables work. If you have a trigger variable named MYTRIGGER, it would look like this:

Code:
udg_MYTRIGGER

Quite different.

RedSword

Reaction score
Did 1 thing u mean, by combining ur posts, that if I store a gg_trg (real trigger) in a udg_ (variable), and that if I delete the variable, both the real trigger and the variable will be destroyed ?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> if I store a gg_trg (real trigger) in a udg_ (variable), and that if I delete the variable, both the real trigger and the variable will be destroyed ?

I honestly don't know. I would guess that the trigger would be destroyed, actually.

RedSword

Reaction score
Do someone know ? Because I can't even tell if I'm using the custom script correctly... Which is "call DestroyTrigger(udg_Temp_Trigger)" in that case.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why bother? The creation of events will most likely not be a problem. Have you witnessed it becoming a problem?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.