[spell request] arcane (or phoenix) frenzy

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Hi, I got another spell request. :D

The Phoenix guard unleashes all her arcane energy and begins blinking rapidly at all targets in a 900 radius around her. The Phoenix guard will continue to blink until all units in the area are dead. Units that leave the 900 radius will no longer be blinked at. Units that enter will count as a unit that needs to be killed. The Phoenix guard I'd invulnerable in this state.

Level 1) blinks every 0.7 seconds, does her normal damage per blink.
Level 2) blinks every 0.6 seconds, does double her normal damage.
Level 3) blinks every 0.5 seconds, does triple her normal damage.

To make it more clear, the hero basically begins a rapid series of blink strikes at random enemy units in a 900 radius around her. The hero will nit stop until all units in the 900 radius of her starting point are dead. Units that leave the radius will no longer be blinked at. And units that enter will be blinked at until they die or leave. The hero is invulnerable in this state.

I'm using the blood elf Phoenix guard model, so when you're adding special effects fire or arcane stuff would be cool. If there was a way to show the radius (runes, flames, or somethin) that would be great.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...0668/?prev=search=Phoenix%20guard&d=list&r=20

A few requests:
GUI
Does not have to be MUI
a demo map would be awesome
ask questions if you are unsure of something!

Rep and credits will be given.

Thanks a ton,
Ava :)

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't have the time to write it properly now but basically, when the unit casts the ability, check every 0.7/0.6/0.5 seconds the number of living units around the hero in 900. Then, if the number is greater than 0, move the unit to a random unit in that unit group and damage it. If the number is 0, do nothing and skip the remaining actions.

I will try to write it properly tomorrow

Archideas

Reaction score
Basically what Joccaren said, but instead of checking every 0.7/0.6/0.5 seconds for living units around the hero, make it check for living units around a 900 area from the point where the hero starts the ability.

If it checks in a 900 radius around her, she'd pretty much take out every unit on the map. Or at least close to. xP

jomik

Reaction score
Well that might be what he wanted :p Atleast that's how it looks from the description :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.