[Spell Requests] Help me practise spellmaking!

Hope this is doable ^^
I can do the damage values and whatnot, I just need help with some graphics.

Bottled Sunfire
Description: Throws a bottle of Dragon's breath into the air which bursts, calling down waves of fire that damage units in an area.

Cooldown: 12 seconds
3 Levels

Special effect: Okay, well basically I want the hero to throw a bottle (Acid Bomb) into the air, then begin channeling a Rain of Fire effect while the bottle remains in the air. Once the hero stops chanelling the Rain stops and the bottle disappears/explodes/whatever.

Icon: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPotionOfRestoration.blp

Doesn't HAVE to be MUI. :]

Hope this is doable ^^
I can do the damage values and whatnot, I just need help with some graphics.

Bottled Sunfire
Description: Throws a bottle of Dragon's breath into the air which bursts, calling down waves of fire that damage units in an area.

Cooldown: 12 seconds
3 Levels

Special effect: Okay, well basically I want the hero to throw a bottle (Acid Bomb) into the air, then begin channeling a Rain of Fire effect while the bottle remains in the air. Once the hero stops chanelling the Rain stops and the bottle disappears/explodes/whatever.

Icon: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPotionOfRestoration.blp

Doesn't HAVE to be MUI. :]

It's doable, but I believe it would require a bit of experimenting with the timing and such.

I'll give it a shot tomorrow, right now I'm too tired. :p

hi if its not a big job i got 2 more spells i need help with
i did them my self they worked but not that good

It's 2 wow spells
1. Charge
2. Cat Form

-------
1. Runs to the enemy dealing 200 damage and stuns the target for 5 sec
-------
2.Changes the druids form to cat form and make its movement speed 40+

for cat form i saw in "WoW Arena" that he didnt replace the unit somehow he made exaclly same skills and all i tried my best but i only replace it and thats what i dont want to do cuze then the new unit willspawn in the townhall.

Is this request thread still on? Since I got a spell too but dunno, long time no post, you still take requests?

Hi! I've got a request for you, if you have the spare time. In my D&D map, I'm in a big need of a "blindness" spell, but I have no idea how to do it.
It's a unit spell with one level, that causes the target to have no sight vision and 50% chance of missing in combat...

Special Effect = Not important, just something, but icon could be the sleep one...

I don't know if it's possible, but you'd solve a hell of a problem for me if it is :)

Thanks, Sajber

my spell is pretty simple

mass hex

hex random 10 enemy units around the triggering units :D

I want to see if you can make this spell better than me because I want what works best.

Paintball
Normal Unit Ability, 1 Level.

Shoots the paintball to a target point (paintball dummy model = Wisp). If a unit is hit by a paintball, it dies (even if an ally). The special effect explosion at the point of death will be done by me (I have some custom models for this).

Also, if the paintball hits an obstruction (tree, fence etc.) it will just blow up and deal no damage.

If you can do this using a pathing determiner, I will be more grateful and it will be easier for me. :D

Thanks alot.
PS: I will also be doing this spell, this will give you your practice and will give me the best choice. :p

Thread:Making Paintball Explode on Collision

String Shockwave

Descrpiction:
The Caster Unit Sends out strings to hold the enemy and then sends 3 shock waves to attack them while held
Level 1 10 damage per sec\100 per shockwave
Level 2 20 damage per sec\100 per shockwave
Level 3 30 damage per sec\100 per shockwave
(Holds for 5 seconds)
Icon:Abillites\AerialShackels

---------------------------------------------------------------
i havent been having much luck on this spell bc im not so good with dummies
if you need more detail or something just tell me

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.