[Spell Requests] Help me practise spellmaking!

Go on?

That doesn't explain what the spell actually does. All you've said is that it gives a chance to stun.

Does that mean its a storm bolt that only stuns a certain percentage of the time?

I don't quite understand.

its a close-range spell , the stormbolt is not..

what do u want to know? i didnt quite understood you :p

So all you want is a close range storm bolt?

Try setting the range to 100, then :p.

I can't make a spell if I don't know exactly what you want. Perhaps try and rewrite your description of the spell so it's perfectly, 100% clear?

Thanks ;p

Ok hasslarn, finished your spell.

Didn't quite understand your request all that well but I think I've seen you ask for this spell before, so:

View attachment Power Word Shield.w3x

Theres also a JASS version in there that's MUI, if you'd prefer that over the MPI GUI one.

If this isn't what you wanted then sorry, be more clear next time.

If not, then let me know if anything goes wrong :p

Import Instructions:
1. Import the "Power Word: Shield" spell.
2. Import all the triggers in the "Power Word: Shield" category in the trigger editor. (Make sure you have "Automatically create unknown variables" checked under File > Preferences > General for ease of implementation)

Have fun!

Ok hasslarn, finished your spell.

Didn't quite understand your request all that well but I think I've seen you ask for this spell before, so:

View attachment 22568

Theres also a JASS version in there that's MUI, if you'd prefer that over the MPI GUI one.

If this isn't what you wanted then sorry, be more clear next time.

If not, then let me know if anything goes wrong :p

Import Instructions:
1. Import the "Power Word: Shield" spell.
2. Import all the triggers in the "Power Word: Shield" category in the trigger editor. (Make sure you have "Automatically create unknown variables" checked under File > Preferences > General for ease of implementation)

Have fun!

OMG ur the best nice spell!
ive been looking for this a long time +rep wow ur greate no wait ur the best!

I could use a spell, I dunno if its possible with GUI, im horrible at triggering. Well here it goes. It is really vague because the stuff i use is already in-game.

Name - Mix Elixer
Lvl 1 - Create ITEM1
Lvl 2 - Create ITEM2
Lvl 3 - Create ITEM3
Lvl 4 - Create ITEM4
Lvl 5 - Create ITEM5

Yep, thats it, i got a custom icon ingame, set it to w/e u want. If you cant do this, thats cool, i can try to get it. Try to make it possible for me to just change the items made easily, or at least explain how to change them. Thanks anyway. Just set the items to anything you want.

Just before I make it, do you want items to have ingredients?
Do you want random items each level? (ie, 33% chance for healing pot, 33% chance for mana pot, 34% chance for invulnerability pot or something?)

Nah, each level has a 100% chance to make the potion, its just a small secondary skill, he is not a full alchemist. Its for my mage hero.

Alright, I'll have it done in a short while unless the power cuts out or something. XD

EDIT: Done

To implement, just copy the spell over and then the "Mix Elixir" trigger category.

Instructions on changing the settings of the spell are inside the trigger.

Tell me if you want anything changed in the spell, and I'll get to doing it ;d.

View attachment Mix Elixir.w3x

Full thanks ziggyMcJoney! It worked perfectly fine. Can I post the site too so that they can all DL it here too?

Love it!

PHP:
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to ZiggyMcJoney again.

Sites already posted, and theres a link to it in the first post.

Glad you liked it :p.

Your spell is done NightMagi, thanks for updating me on how the spell is supposed to work.

Implementation Instructions:
1. Copy the "Stunning Fist" ability.
2. Copy the "Stunning Fist Dummy" ability.
3. Copy the "Dummy Unit" unit.
4. Copy the "Stunning Fist" trigger category.

Make sure you go to File > Preferences and check "Automatically create unknown variables when pasting trigger data". It'll make your life a whole lot easier.

Heres the map. If anything is not to your liking, I'll change it as soon as possible. Have fun :p:

*Note: The cooldown and mana cost have been left at 0 for testing purposes.
View attachment Stunning Fist.w3x

Your spell is done NightMagi, thanks for updating me on how the spell is supposed to work.

1. Copy the "Stunning Fist" ability.
2. Copy the "Stunning Fist Dummy" ability.
3. Copy the "Dummy Unit" unit.
4. Copy the "Stunning Fist" trigger category.

Make sure you go to File > Preferences and check "Automatically create unknown variables when pasting trigger data". It'll make your life a whole lot easier.

Heres the map. If anything is not to your liking, I'll change it as soon as possible. Have fun :p:

*Note: The cooldown and mana cost have been left at 0 for testing purposes.
View attachment 22583

ty vm, this skill is perfectly how i wanted :)))

EDIT: i mp'ed you :)

First, go to File > Preferences, then under the General tab, check "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data".

Then, re-import the trigger data.

Cool, thanks again.

EDIT - Tested it and everything, works fine.

EDIT - If i copy and paste the spell and change the settings, could i use this for a different spell? Like 2 creating spells?

Cool, thanks again.

EDIT - Tested it and everything, works fine.

EDIT - If i copy and paste the spell and change the settings, could i use this for a different spell? Like 2 creating spells?

Sorry, didn't see your edit til I went to check what time I was allowed to bump this.

Yes, you could.

EDIT: NightMagi, your two spells are posted below:

1. Copy the "Flame Wave" and "Flame Bomb" abilities into your map.
2. Copy the "Flame Lord" trigger category into your map.
3. Done!

View attachment Flame Lord.w3x

I may not add these to the main thread as they are relatively simple.

Have fun!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.