Spellbook Build ability problem

Nano

Reaction score
Hello there,

I've made some abilities based on spellbook, each of them have different base ids.

Within the spellbook "Build Siege Towers" i have two abilities on the spell list: "Build Catapult" and "Build Cannon Tower". They do not have a shared cooldown.

The spellbook has min and max both set to 2.

Both of the abilities in the book are based on the 'Build Tiny Farm' ability.

I have "Build Catapult" set to position (0,0) and "Build Cannon Tower" set to (1,0).

When i go into the game "Build Cannon Tower" is at (0,0) and "Build Catapult" is at (1,0) and whenever i click on either of them, it uses the "Build Catapult" ability.

The 'Unit - Created' for each ability is different (and correct) but it only casts the Catapult ability. And the icons are in the wrong order.

Does anyone know why something like this would occur?

I've searched for answers but couldn't really find anything similar.

Thanks =/

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> Both of the abilities in the book are based on the 'Build Tiny Farm' ability.

Well, the same ability twice on one unit just doesn't work...

In case you plan on using one of the others: there actually is only one.
All of those "build <whatever>" are just one ability, with a different structure.

Nano

Reaction score
How then would i be able to use the ability to have multiple similar abilities? Is it possible?

Or do i have to make all my building abilities from triggers?
If so, how would i do the building position selection?

I've worked on this a bit more but i still can't get it to work, i assume that means this is only doable with dummy ability triggers if i want to have another build menu?

R

riCHARED

you have to put hte abilities in the right order in the spellbook to get them in the right order. it doesnt use coords. but as for the rest, i have no idea.

Nano

Reaction score
I've still been looking around for a few days and the only real answers to similar questions i've seen is to create 'dummy' units which would be switched to when needing the other Build menu/s.

The problem with this is that the way my map works is that the player can pick 1 of 4 different upgrade paths, for two different sections. i.e Option b from Path 1 and option d from Path 2.

So in all i wanted to have three different Build menus once they'd chosen for both paths.

Is it possible to mimic the translucent building placement action part of the Build ability? Because if that part is possible, then it'd be easy enough to just make a trigger to place the 'construction begun' framework and then order the builder unit to repair it.

Anyone know of anything like this? Or have any ideas for different such things? Or know how others have done multiple build menus in the past?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.