Spellbooks

Soulshadow

Reaction score
Currently I'm working on a map in which characters level quickly from 1 to 60. After the 60th level, abilities are gained in a spellbook manner.

I intend to have 'scrolls' that teach the wielder advanced abilities. The scrolls will be 'on use,' and afterwards will add the contained spell to a spellbook in the users inventory.

Basically, I'm just wondering if this will work, or will I have to go through and create 100-200 different spellbook abilities containing every possible combination of skills?

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
it should work, you would have to trigger it if you can't do it in the object editor...
you would have to trigger it so that when a unit uses a scroll (a unit acquires an item)
it adds the ability to the unit...

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Currently I'm working on a map in which characters level quickly from 1 to 60. After the 60th level, abilities are gained in a spellbook manner.

I intend to have 'scrolls' that teach the wielder advanced abilities. The scrolls will be 'on use,' and afterwards will add the contained spell to a spellbook in the users inventory.

Basically, I'm just wondering if this will work, or will I have to go through and create 100-200 different spellbook abilities containing every possible combination of skills?
Well there is an alternative, however it'll still requires an immense amount of object editing. Spellbooks have a flaw, if you add two spellbooks to a unit with the same order id, the spells from spellbook b will also show in spellbook a, and vice versa. Exploit this, make a basic spellbook with no spells, and then create a spell book for each spell you want to add to a unit, give these spellbooks the same order id as the basic spellbook, and then, in conjunction with your items, add the spellbook with the spell representing a scroll, and disable it for the specific player.

Clear enough?

Soulshadow

Reaction score
I think I understand exactly what you are saying!
Let me just reiterate for future reference and perhaps clarification if I'm understanding this wrong.

Spellbook A has the same ID as Spellbook B.
Spellbook A contains Firebolt in the object editor, while Spellbook B contains Entangling Roots.

When a unit opening Spellbook A also has the ability Spellbook B, both Entangling Roots and Firebolt appear.

EDIT: +Rep, thanks much!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.