Spore

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Hey guys im making a game called Spore you might have heard of the real spore being made by Maxis. But im making a wc3 v. Currently i have 3 cell evolutions and 3 water evolutions. Fire, Poison, and Armor. If you wanna try it then dl it. If you try it plz give feedback critisism is welcome.
Info: You start as a cell and try to level untill u get to atleast 5, then u chose a hero ability and then use that ability to evolve to another type of cell that is stronger, then you get to level 5 AGAIN and either evolve as a cell more or evolve into a multi-cell organism, then ur in a water zone with a fish, then you level up to atleast level 10 and evolve some more, then you get to level 10 again and either keep evolving as a fish or evolve legs and go onto land, as your on land you must make it to level 50, then you may evolve into a building creature(your type of course) then build a village and keep kill and upgrade untill you can go into the civilization era then u upgrade some more, conquor some land, untill you are in the space era, from there you may save your ship and load it in different virsions of maps (there will be fire world, ice world, forest land, ect.) All different maps!
View attachment 23093 UPDATED now added salmon revive

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Um... It would help if you add a download link...

EDIT: You now have, thank-you.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I think I played this before.

It was pretty cool. Let's hope this one (or maybe it's the same) is still/also will be good.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
... I made this from scratch. So u might have played a different Spore on warcraft 3 not this 1.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
YOu might want to make the selection scale of your food in the cellular lvl a litte bigger, I often misclicked.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Ok ill do that now. But isnt there anything else that needs to be done? Cuz i cant host on b.net so i dont know if the guys are pretty even...

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
By simply typing control + C I got rid of locked cemera--Might wanna fix that. And you also, you might want to make it clearer ingame that you have to CLICK them to change into them. Like he said, the selection size of food needs to be bigger

Seems mostly like running away and picking up items -- Kinda boring IMO. But with some work, It could be a fun map.

GreatDivide

Reaction score
OMG:eek: spore on warcraft 3 ...*sporegasm*

how many cells/water/land beings are you planning to make???
oh annd might I suggest that you make the atmosphere in the water area bluer to make it more watery :D

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
>By simply typing control + C I got rid of locked cemera--Might wanna fix that. And you also, you might want to make it clearer ingame that you have to CLICK them to change into them. Like he said, the selection size of food needs to be bigger

Seems mostly like running away and picking up items -- Kinda boring IMO. But with some work, It could be a fun map..

Hmm well i didnt even know that was possible.. Ill try to fix it EDIT: I just tested it no u cannot press ctrl + c to unlock the camera

>OMG spore on warcraft 3 ...*sporegasm*

how many cells/water/land beings are you planning to make???
oh annd might I suggest that you make the atmosphere in the water area bluer to make it more watery

Yes, spore on wc3. I plan on making a LOT of evolutions.. Possibly in the hundreds... And i cannot add a blue tint without jass for only 1 player. (which i dont know how to do)

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Terrain: Boring, repetitive, and uncreative. It got the job done though. What that job was, I have no clue.
-Hugely non-existent
-Uncreative
-Repetitive design

Names: What can I say. Small food? Big food? At least you let your younger-brother help you with part of the game, I respect that. If there wasn't a pre-schooler helping with the names than you need to go back and redo them.
-Appropriate for 5-7 year olds

Gameplay: The biggest part of the game. Supposed to live up to the hype of the game riding on a few features that aren't amazing by a slight amount. The game is boring, repetitive. Oh my, where have I used those to describe this game before..hmm..
-No strategy
-Repetitive game play; little to no difference between 'evolution' changes.
-Snow-ball effect

Unique Features: None at all. Not. One. Bit. I hope this took less than several hours of work.

Custom Models: Decent looking and they get the job done. That fish model probably takes up several hundred KB though..

Bugs:
Fish-food don't dissapear after being eaten (caused by not having a death animation: Fix - when unit is killed remove it from the game

Other Gripes
-Extremely difficult to target models/food
-Minimap is an eyesore

Sorry, but I wouldn't play this map again for a long, long time.
Hint: This is my way of giving criticism. Sometimes people don't understand this and think I'm simply flaming them. While that's also the case, you can use this list to improve your game. Thus making it better. Thus making it harder for me to flame.

Daskunk

Reaction score
Hmm well i didnt even know that was possible.. Ill try to fix it EDIT: I just tested it no u cannot press ctrl + c to unlock the camera
Idk whats wrong with your keyboard/wc3, I can do it on any map any time. Its easy to fix, though.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
I'll try to improve those. But you dont like the minimap? I had somone do it for me... Also im 12 and dont have a little brother or sister. I already fixed the food size i just havent uploaded it yet. I fixed the fish, and wtf do u mean snow-ball affect?

Daskunk

Reaction score
I just rememberd, I was going it in single player, in multiplayer you might not be able to do control C..

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
I am doing it in single player and i g2g cuz thunder storm is outside i b back once its over though

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
hey, the map was posted here, which means that he wanted feed back in one form or another, windex gave him just that, he provided points that are in the map that reqires the maker's attention like repetitivemenss, nothing wrong with that

if the map for a bad review it got a bad review no biggy, everyone gets that. IT just means that you need to try your best in fixing whatever is wrong or bugged

Edit after palying map:

Alright i opened up the map to check out your trigger style, and one of the most disturbing things i found where... Player specific cheats
wtf dude, if you want your map to be multiplayer dont put in cheats even if its for yourself or friends.

and yes i agree with windes it is extreamly repetitive, if your baseing this off of spore you shuld incorperate new forms of uniqe gameplay for each of the differnt forms for the players

as for the terrain job, if you want something to look bumpy, a suggestion from many terrainers <yes ive finaly started looking at the tutorials for this> is to manually use the raise and lower tools, dont use noise it makes your terrain look horrible...

seeing its a WIP this has a ton of potental if you worked on implimenting customization features instead of just chooseing what you want to level up to be

I dont see a respawn trigger for the creatures

Suggestions
During the cell stage, there shuld be no attack, only devour <applies only to the heros> where the only way to get exp is by devouring the food. The normal food and bigg food will give diffent exp and will take diffent times to digest <finish eating>.

As for the Water stage, give every player that enters a fade filter for a light blue color so it feels like it under water.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Well u need to use jass to make a player speicific fade filter. And i dont know how to jass..

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Well Im quiting spore... But I would love to see this finished. Here is the SOURCE View attachment 23134 I hope somone finishes this, but if you do plz give some credits to me.

GreatDivide

Reaction score
awwwe your quitting spore already?......bummer..............oh well just got to w8 till june 17 for the creature editor to come out :D

G

Gafandriel

YOu might want to make the selection scale of your food in the cellular lvl a litte bigger, I often misclicked.

I found myself having the same damn problem. Could it possibly be my clumsy fingers, or your tiny interface =-P

Anyways, nice map so far, could DEFINATLY use a few more evolutions =-P

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.