US News Squatters take over a Colorado Springs home; now, the owner is in a homeless shelter

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
B. Lin found herself homeless after her good intentions squared off against bad people.

The clash led to squatters illegally occupying and trashing her once-nice home in a middle-class neighborhood in northeast Colorado Springs.

And for more than three months, Lin has been seesawing between living in her car and staying in a homeless shelter.

Meanwhile, her home is now on the city’s list of 38 dilapidated and condemned residences.

“People think I’m crazy when they hear what happened,” she said. “My life has not gone well at all. I blame myself.”

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Squatter laws are crazy! England used to have some crazy laws and hooligans took over properties. I do not know if they ever fixed that but these squatter right laws rarely turn out for good. They need to repeal these types of laws. These exceptions are just crazy! People just figure out the system and it is on the property owner to have to spend a ton of money on attorneys to get them out instead of an inviction notice.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.