Stuck On Start :(((

Trickster

Reaction score
mhm...well...i have this..start region u know :p like every td...where creeps spawn...its like this...

unit enters a region equal to start

unit owned by player 12 brown

order unit to move to center of region 1

and so on....linked....

ok...on other trigger i make... elapsed game time 1 second ... create 1 fotman in region start ....just to test it...

and that is ok...fotman is walking all the way to the end....

BUT! ... when i create 15 fotmans...they all just stand on start region...not moving at all...

and...i also tried... like... create 1 footman...wait 1 second...create 1 footman...and so on....

and that..i dont know... 5-6 is ok...but after that....they all stuck again...

so what to do!!!??? why do they always stuck? :< :<

I

IKilledKEnny

I don't know how many times you have been told to stop using "..." but please do stop, it makes it much harder to read your posts.

Try using loops, that should work.

Say for each integer between 1 and 15 do:
create 1 footman somwhere
order last created unit to move somwhere else

and so on. Should work. Makes ure you clear leaks!!

Synthetics

Reaction score
theres a tutorial for making a td on this site just goto all tutorials look for creating a td and there you have it! :) How to make td's explained in full Hf

Trickster

Reaction score
tnx :>

and ... for... my....periods....a-a....cant...stop...it....sorry....i ....tried....but..i....just....cant...do...it...my...fingers....are ...faster...than....my....brain....ok??? :))))

EDIT:

Ikilledkenny .... mhm well its not forking...i did like this...

EVENT:
Elapsed game time is 1.00 second

CONDITIONS:
Nothing

ACTIONS:
For each (integer B) from 1 to 15 do (actions) /// i didnt find betwene so...i made it B cuz B is closer to betwen than A :p
Loop-Actions
Create 1 footman for player 12 brown at center of Start<gen> /// i also tried ... random point in region...that doesnt work also -.-

oh and...tutorials...mhm...they dont say anything about this problem :> ...and they do the same thing as im doing -.- .... :<

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
i didnt find betwene so...i made it B cuz B is closer to betwen than A
i didn't realy understand what u said there but just so u know Integer A and B are the same there are two incase u wanna have more than 1 loop (loop inside loop)
that doesnt work
like AceHart always says: "it doesn't work is not a very good problem description"
anyway tell us more......

Trickster

Reaction score
well i said all i could :< .. mhm... i did like he said....but they just stuck! STUPID CREEPS!!! :< :< :< ...maybe...because..im not using player brown...in player options...or something like that -.- :<

RedRage

Reaction score
Go through the tutorial again their has to be some little mistake...
thats how i finally fixed my timer to finally work after 2 hrs of looking at the triggers >_>

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
if your using neutral creeps then thats your problem...

neutral creeps have a home spot and wil always go back to that spot whilst player units will just obey :)

D

DemonOfNight

man, your problem is kinda simple... you only have to do simple things like make your region be bigger and then all the units will be moved without any bug and stucking units. Other thing you could do is to make a region under your started region and make it bigger than the start region and make a trigger that order units in the (under region) to move so units dont stuck in the region they are creating (Btw, i always use this when i make Td to avoid bugs and stuff like that). And the last theing you could do is changing your trigger to be like that:

Code:
Move

Event:
-A unit enter Start Region
Condition:
Action:
-If / Then / Else Multiple functions
If:
-owner of entering unite equal to player 12 borwn
Then:
-Pick every units in Start region and order triggering unit to move to End region
-Display to every player the text: Wave #1 - Footman
Else:

This is all what yu need to make a great TD!!!:D

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
You're probably creating N units at the location and then ordering Last Created Unit (it might be easier to debug your function if you posted it...) Just use IKKs trigger, that will work fine,

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.