Report Student wears jeans for 15 months, proves they have no more germs than after 13 days

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Experts always suggest that we wait longer before washing our jeans to preserve the denim, but just how long can we go? According to an ABC News report, Canadian college student Josh Le put his jeans to the test in the name of science, wearing them for 15 months without washing them.

He got the idea to try this experiment during an introductory to textiles class. "My professor mentioned that she researches on textiles and bacteria, so it piqued my curiosity there," Le told ABC News. "I half jokingly said we should do a bacterial analysis on them [Le's jeans] and that's where it sort of started."

In September 2009, Le bought a $165 pair of Nudie jeans for his sophomore year at University of Alberta and wore them 330 times by December 2010, documenting his progress on Facebook and in a YouTube video. During this time, the denim lightened up and got a few holes, but they also started to form to his body and become the best pair of jeans ever.

Le carried around paper towels to dab out stains, and if they smelled he put them in the freezer overnight or let them hang and air out for a few hours. "If you don't wash your clothing, it raises questions. I was very careful with odor. I did the smell test in the morning," Le said in the interview.

This is MADNESS. I love it with every read. <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
All I need now is a freezer big enough to store all my favourite cloths, so I can put on anything at any time. In fact, screw that, I'm throwing away my cupboard/garderobe and getting a freezer instead. When I want to look fly I'd just have to iron my cloths... Man, just think about how much water you and electricity one could save, if one uses the washingmachine and the dryer every, like, 3 months or something.
Damn, this would mean more money by the end of the month ! Fucking genius.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
You, deny the skills of him wearing a motherboard without washing??

Run a high voltage electric jolt through, and the materials of the motherboard will be worn...

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Holy crap, 13 days in an AVERAGE?! That's Just nasty!
Btw: Hmm by the end of the "experiment" could the jeans stand by themselves when he took them off?

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
But how would you tell how long i didnt wash the jeans? you cant really see how old the stain is or when i have got it.

If your jeans were held horizontally from the ground and it stayed that way, I will then be convinced it is stiff, therefore I will believe in it.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
I like how people are like EWWWWW on this, and on the source site. The data is showing that there isn't a significant increase in bacteria. PEOPLE LOOK AT THE FACTS! XD

My rule has always been to wash jeans no less than three wears. I usually go 1-2 weeks with each pair. I only own 2 pairs of jeans at a time. I approve this study.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.