Suggestions for a Firefox issue...

Lizidian

Reaction score
OK, here's my problem. I was given my father's computer when he told me that his firefox would get consistantly slower and slower until it would just stop loading and he would have to kill the process. I found this odd seeing as I use firefox almost 6 hours a day for research and work and have never had this issue. So I have done the following to see if I could fix it... but so far no great changes have been seen in it's performance...

1) Checked for any Extensions that are known to slow down or crash Firefox.
2) Downloaded the latest updates for Ad Aware and scanned, getting rid of a few tracking cookies, but nothing awful.
3) Downloaded Hijackthis ran a scan and posted a log into a qualified forum which is currently checking it out.
4) Ran CCleaner and got rid of any issues that were crowding his registry, and thus possibly making it slower.
5) I also went to defrag his hardrive, but it really didn't need that in the first place.

After all this he's still having the problem... besides the HT log I'm still waiting on... anyone have a suggestion as to what else I could do to fix it?

Thanks

-Lizidian

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
download large amount of files and data will eventually clog it up -- I had it reaching 800MB when I entered a VERY poorly designed site (100+ 6MPs acting like thumbnails will kill anything in its path)

Lizidian

Reaction score
Duwenbasden said:
download large amount of files and data will eventually clog it up -- I had it reaching 800MB when I entered a VERY poorly designed site (100+ 6MPs acting like thumbnails will kill anything in its path)

That's not it thought, because he could be browsing on common sites like morningstar or google when it happens and google loads fast for almost any connection, when I had 128k it would still load within seconds...

@kc102 - Thanks for the website, I'll have to bookmark it :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.