Targetted abilities.

The_Reaping

Reaction score
Edit:

Okay, my skill theme has changed. What it needs to do is for every 6/5/4/3 spells cast within a certain range, only from enemies, the explodes dealing damage. I can do the explosion bit, no problem. I just can't can't do the first bit..

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (target unit of ability being cast) equal to [your unit]
    • Actions
      • do actions

The_Reaping

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (target unit of ability being cast) equal to [your unit]
    • Actions
      • do actions

Hmm.. [your unit] would be under what.. Because you can only have "triggering unit" and target unit of ability being cast only refers to the Event - A Unit Begins Casting An Ability. Also, my skill idea has changed.

tommerbob

Reaction score
Use an integer variable to track the number of spells cast. and do actions accordingly.

The_Reaping

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Combust Counter
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempGroup = (Units of type Rage Demon)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Picked unit))) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Distance between (Position of (Picked unit)) and (Position of (Triggering unit))) Less than or equal to 400.00
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set CombustCounter = (CombustCounter + 1)
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Combust for (Picked unit)) Equal to 1
              • CombustCounter Equal to 6
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Spell Dummy for (Picked player) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add Combust (Damage and Stun) to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Set level of Combust (Damage and Stun) for (Last created unit) to 1
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
              • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
              • Set CombustCounter = 0
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Combust for (Picked unit)) Equal to 2
                  • CombustCounter Equal to 5
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Create 1 Spell Dummy for (Picked player) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
                  • Unit - Set level of Combust (Damage and Stun) for (Last created unit) to 2
                  • Set CombustCounter = 0
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Level of Combust for (Picked unit)) Equal to 3
                      • CombustCounter Equal to 4
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Set level of Combust (Damage and Stun) for (Last created unit) to 3
                      • Set CombustCounter = 0
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Level of Combust for (Picked unit)) Equal to 4
                          • CombustCounter Equal to 3
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Set level of Combust (Damage and Stun) for (Last created unit) to 4
                          • Set CombustCounter = 0
                        • Else - Actions

Will this work? :/ I don't think it will tbh.

tommerbob

Reaction score
You can combine all of those If/Then/Else into one, and set the level of "Combust (Damage and Stun)" to the same level as the Combust ability, like this:

Trigger:
    • Loop - Actions
    • Unit - Set level of Combust (Damage and Stun) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Combust for (Picked unit))
    • Set CombustCounter = 0

and then use another If/Then/Else for tracking the CombustCounter.

Also, you do not pick any players in this trigger, so (picked player) will not work.

The_Reaping

Reaction score
Eh, I can't figure it out.. It's just confusing me. :/ Could you post the entire code? if it's not too much to ask :p I'll learn better from that.

tommerbob

Reaction score
I don't have time to look at it right at the moment, but I will later today. As soon as I can, I'll take a look at let you know.

tommerbob

Reaction score
Okay sorry, I've been really busy today. I was planning on looking at it today, but real life came calling. I'll get to it tomorrow.

EDIT:

Okay I'm looking at the map right now. Just to clarify, do you want it to be MUI or does it matter?

tommerbob

Reaction score
(sorry for double post, forgot to mention I would just edit my last post)

Okay, it was hard to test the spell in your map because the enemies would rarely cast spells. But I changed the code a bit, it should be working correctly. I also added a debug line to track when the trigger runs, and how many the Combust Counts is at. You can easily remove that.

Trigger:
  • Combust Learned
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Combust
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Combust (Visuals) to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Combust (Visuals) for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Combust for (Triggering unit))
      • Set Combust_MaxCount = (7 - (Level of Combust for (Triggering unit)))
      • Trigger - Turn on Combust Counter <gen>

Trigger:
  • Combust Counter
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Picked unit))) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Distance between (Position of (Picked unit)) and (Position of (Triggering unit))) Less than or equal to 400.00
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set Combust_Counter = (Combust_Counter + 1)
                  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Enemy spell is cast
                  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Combust Counter is + (String(Combust_Counter)))
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Combust_Counter Greater than or equal to Combust_MaxCount
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Combust_Point = (Position of (Picked unit))
              • Unit - Create 1 Spell Dummy for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at Combust_Point facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Set level of Combust (Damage and Stun) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Combust for (Picked unit))
              • Set Combust_Counter = 0
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Combust_Point)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

Here is the test map:

Attachments

• Rage_Demon_Test_Map.w3x
    59 KB · Views: 146

The_Reaping

Reaction score
(sorry for double post, forgot to mention I would just edit my last post)

Okay, it was hard to test the spell in your map because the enemies would rarely cast spells. But I changed the code a bit, it should be working correctly. I also added a debug line to track when the trigger runs, and how many the Combust Counts is at. You can easily remove that.

Trigger:
  • Combust Learned
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Combust
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Combust (Visuals) to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Combust (Visuals) for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Combust for (Triggering unit))
      • Set Combust_MaxCount = (7 - (Level of Combust for (Triggering unit)))
      • Trigger - Turn on Combust Counter <gen>

Trigger:
  • Combust Counter
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set Combust_Counter = (Combust_Counter + 1)
                  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Enemy spell is cast
                  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Combust Counter is + (String(Combust_Counter)))
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Combust_Counter Greater than or equal to Combust_MaxCount
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Combust_Point = (Position of (Picked unit))
              • Unit - Create 1 Spell Dummy for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at Combust_Point facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Set Combust_Counter = 0
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Combust_Point)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

Here is the test map:

I tested it.. But whenever the counter gets to the required amount.. it crashes :/ I made triggers to check when one of the heroes is attack and make him cast a spell.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
It's because you are creating an infinite loop. [DEL]You forgot to add a condition to check if it is your ability being cast.[/DEL]

I mean you forgot to add a condition to check that it is NOT Warstomp.

Trigger:
  • Combust Counter
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Not equal to Combust (Damage and Stun)
    • Actions

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.