Texts

war444

Reaction score
Hey, i just wanted to know how to do somthin when the text has a player name in it like "(Player 1 Username) Just got 50 gold from (Player 2 Username)" please help:confused:

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Game - Display to (All Players) the text PlayerName(Player 1(red)) Just got 50 gold from PlayerName(Player 2 (blue))

Akolyt0r

Reaction score
since there is no event for registering trading, its not that simple.
the most easiest way would be to disable trading using the trading menu, but make custom triggers for trading... best would be some triggers which register some chatcommands like (examples):

-givegold 500 red
-givewood 1200 teal
or
-givegold 1 500
-givewood 3 1200

than it would be very easy to show your desired messages....
its not possible to do it with the normal trade menu

Akolyt0r

Reaction score
wc3campaings is down at the moment (since 4 days ?!)

example of such an trigger (not tested):
Trigger:
  • Gold
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -givegold as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -givegold as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -givegold as A substring
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -givegold as A substring
      • Player - Player 5 (Orange) types a chat message containing -givegold as A substring
      • Player - Player 6 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -givegold as A substring
      • Player - Player ... (...) types a chat message containing -givegold as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- command format: -givegold 4 500 //gives 500 gold to player 4--------
      • -------- this trigger atm works only for players 1-9 --------
      • Set tempstring = (Substring((Entered chat string), 13, (Length of (Entered chat string))))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Integer(tempstring)) Greater than or equal to ((Triggering player) Current gold)
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Set (Triggering player) Current gold to (((Triggering player) Current gold) - (Integer(tempstring)))
          • Player - Add (Integer(tempstring)) to (Player((Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 11, 11)))))) Current gold
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Player + (String((Player number of (Triggering player))))) + ( just gave + (tempstring + ( gold to Player + (Substring((Entered chat string), 11, 11))))))
        • Else - Actions

Akolyt0r

Reaction score
example:
Trigger:
  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Name of (Player((Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 11, 11)))))))

playername ->convert player index to player ->conversion string to integer -> substring ...........

war444

Reaction score
example:
Trigger:
  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Name of (Player((Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 11, 11)))))))

playername ->convert player index to player ->conversion string to integer -> substring ...........

Ok can you give me a example? like a map? cant really understand

war444

Reaction score
Texts 2

Sorry my last text forum wasnt very descriptive, i mean like it says like "(Triggering Player) just died" or somthing like that

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I took the time to search his last created thread.

Hey, i just wanted to know how to do somthin when the text has a player name in it like "(Player 1 Username) Just got 50 gold from (Player 2 Username)" please help

Um... Still not too descriptive but let me give it a try :).

(Player name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + Just got 50 gold from (Player name of (Owner of Dying unit)))

And no, he can't answer the question because with just the info you gave us, there was hardly a clear question.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.