The Death of WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Bane

Reaction score
Is it just I or are the intrest for WoW dying?
Many of my WoW-Contacts are quitting WoW or having thoughts of quitting WoW.

In my opinion TBC destroyed a part of WoW. And WoW itself has destroyed a part of the Warcraft Series feeling. You know that feeling that you had while you were playing the former Warcraft game's campains.

What do you say?

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
maybe there are people quitting wow but there are a lot (like me) who just bought the game.. so there will be a constant stream of quitters and starters..

but i don't know how it will go when "the chronicles of spellborn" will be released
The whole new mmorpg supposed to be THE answer to WoW, so we'll see

Greetings,
H34DhUnT3r[NL]

H34DhUnT3r[NL]'s Custom War 3 TFT Maps

Asehujiko

Reaction score
Considering that the playerbase is still growing despite the "i quit" posts people spam everywhere i'd say that wow is still very alive.

And that spellborn comment: first come first serve, everything they produce now is going to be treated like a wow/lotro ripoff.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Heh, dude like 20 people are going to make a difference. You know 7 million people play WoW right?

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
You know why they quit?
They realize how much of a complete rip off it is, when there are better games for $0 a month.

In my opinion TBC destroyed a part of WoW.
What is TBC?
And how can you destroy something that sucked in the first place?

And WoW itself has destroyed a part of the Warcraft Series feeling. You know that feeling that you had while you were playing the former Warcraft game's campains.
Naw I think that's just Warcraft III. I preferred the Warcraft II campaigns over the Warcraft III campaigns.

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
> And that spellborn comment: first come first serve, everything they produce now is going to be treated like a wow/lotro ripoff.

maybe a ripoff, but the difference is that spellborn isn't based on anything..
it's completely new and has all kinds of different (new) heroes and creatures

and ofcourse it's made in my homecountry The Netherlands, so i believe in it:D

well anyway, whatever Spellborn will do in the future, WoW will not die.. yet

Greetings,
H34DhUnT3r[NL]

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
TBC didn't destroy WoW. It just changed it.

The gameplay before BC and after BC are completely different, and of course, people don't like change, so they quit.
But Blizzard does see the dropping number of players, that is why they removed the attunements for SSC and The Eye, because players are getting tired of trying to get them done and therefore quitting.

I didn't mind the attunements, they weren't overly hard, but people complained so whatever.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It didn't, you are seeing things ;)

Soon-to-be 9 million WoW players. It is evergrowing.

Although I must admit that many WoW players don't actually LIKE to play the game. They are HOOKED to the game.

D

Diosys

I dont think WoW is dying.

What is happening is that there comes a point in every game when you come to a wall. Youve done so much in the game their is little left but logging onto your account and staring at your character for an hour while you "Attempt" to play the game like you used to. The adventure has ended as you have gone through and discovered most of the areas of the game and any areas that are left have similar style gameplay then the last area you visited. This is that wall, this is the time when you need to admit that either "your inability to quit is because of a familiarity sense or addiction to a game that is not fun" or "Your making up mindless reasons to play the game, its time to quit"

WoW did not suck. Most people that say WoW flat out sucks most likely says it because they hate the fact that WoW has really standardized online fees for MMORPGS. If you break down WoW this game was more extensive then most other games on the market and strived to improve themselves to be the best. Although not every aspect of the game is balanced (with raiding really being the ultimate endgame). They combined many different gameplay styles.

When The Burning Crusade came out, many players expected a new playing style. I, myself, was expecting to see an open war total chaos scenario in Outland as the horde, alliance, burning legion and illidan fought a four way content. I expected to come through the gate and see people battling everywhere. Now the gate itself was misleading because thats exactly what I saw. However, after leaving the gate I soon realized it was the same old game I had played up to 60. With monsters walking around aimlessly, looking for food or something, high level hardcore players ganking lowbies because they really have nothing intelligent to do and the normal rep grind/profession grind along with instances and raids. It was the same game over again.

Now Blizzard's next expansion (along with Starcraft 2 and Diablo III) are supposed to be announced at this years Blizzcon. Now I seriously hope blizzard takes a step back and changes their gameplay in the next game. Players want to see something different. We have enough raids, we have enough instances, enough factions, we need something new, like a constant open war (with npcs not just players), guild halls, guild battles, and totally new content never before heard of.

Personally I dont want to see the frozen throne, ive been there in Warcraft 3 TFT, woopdie doo..... I seriously hope its the Emerald Dream, something we can only speculate will be.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You know why they quit?
They realize how much of a complete rip off it is, when there are better games for $0 a month.

What is TBC?
And how can you destroy something that sucked in the first place?

Naw I think that's just Warcraft III. I preferred the Warcraft II campaigns over the Warcraft III campaigns.

All this is your opinion. Like how people say DotA sucks. DotA sucks most of the time to people like you because they in the first place suck at DotA and cannot learn because the so called "pros" pwn them. Not saying you or anyone here sucks at DotA. Just saying, this is the normal reason why people think games or maps "suck" and are "rip-offs".

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Here's my opinion about the sucking thing you all been taking about..

I play DOta and I can tell that I'm pretty good at it.. I don't say it sucks or what but I like playing Dota only when I have player opponents especially when it is 5v5.. Don't say games are rip-offs because if that are true, then I can also say that Windows Vista is a rip-off of Mac Os X...

I don't play WoW because I don't have the cash to spend on it.. I rather play free games than to play a game where everybody is a bot...

Peace People!!!

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
All this is your opinion. Like how people say DotA sucks. DotA sucks most of the time to people like you because they in the first place suck at DotA and cannot learn because the so called "pros" pwn them. Not saying you or anyone here sucks at DotA. Just saying, this is the normal reason why people think games or maps "suck" and are "rip-offs".

Agreed, if you can't play a map then just leave it with that. Don't say it sucks, cuz there are thousands of people who say that it doesn't..

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score

I actually was really good at WoW, it just is soul consuming and a complete rip off for what it is.
And of course it's my opinion :p
(yes I suck at DotA but that's not why I don't like it)
(I suck at HoSK but I find that fun :p)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There always has been a difference between an opinion and facts.

One fact, for example, is that if you browse through the WoW forums, you'll see a lot of WoW whining posts. People who don't like how the game is meant to be played, but they still play the game.

An example of opinion is this thread.

A rather important fact though is that the WoW community is ever-growing, whether players whine or not about the game - they are addicted ;)

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Here's my opinion about the sucking thing you all been taking about..

I play DOta and I can tell that I'm pretty good at it.. I don't say it sucks or what but I like playing Dota only when I have player opponents especially when it is 5v5.. Don't say games are rip-offs because if that are true, then I can also say that Windows Vista is a rip-off of Mac Os X...

I don't play WoW because I don't have the cash to spend on it.. I rather play free games than to play a game where everybody is a bot...

Peace People!!!

You obviously know nothing about WoW. Seeing a gold farmer isn't a regular thing ya'know? Sure if you go to certain spots you can find them, because they're always there but it's not like every person is a bot. Posting a link to YouTube with Gold Farmer in the title is no proof whatsoever.

That's like saying, of the 7mill people that play wow 6.5Mill a bot, 99% are actual people, not bots.

Please don't make judgements if you don't play the game or have only played it for a little while.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
@Husky

You know, I recently visits bunch of gaming forums. Their I met people who played WoW.. And as what they say, they said that WoW only lives because of this chinese gold farmers.. They also said that WoW owns every MMORPG in the world(Like that will happen).. Again, they said that WoW gets repititive fast and it has a very bad community..

Sure I know nothing about WoW but my opinion came from this people.. Of the Thousands of People on that forum, this is their opinion about WoW and so am I influenced by this opinions, I can say that I would adopt their opinion into my own...

Reaction score
I downloaded the 10-day trial, and I'm bored =P Maybe just me or the game starts off slow. Don't Know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.