The Evil... Is coming...

zaqer50

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Just wondering, who makes up "the Staff"?

and ABC could you please proof read your messages?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
The www.Omega-Mods.com Staff consists of 6 people.

Rinpun
Conan
Shadowy Fear
And Romanticist are all moderators

Malice- is the "root" admin, basically saying he pays for the site and is the big boss.

I'm the only other Admin there, and I watch over the site while he's busy with whatever it is he is busy with :D

They're also my good friends who have been helping me with ideas and such, and will probably be the 5 biggest names on the Credits :D

R

Ralle_Janis

i Havent read through the whole thread (wow, 15 pages!) so i dunno if this is a very asked question, but if u need help testing i would love to do it :) and if u just suddenly need some ideas, i would like to contribute with that too ^^

DM Cross

Reaction score
Ideas are deffinately useful right now! :D

Yeah, a few people have offered to test, but the game's not up to that status at all yet :( It will be, though! :) And I'll call for a select few beta testers so we can get as many bugs as possible out before release! ;)

R

Ralle_Janis

i would definetly like to be a tester :)

What kind of ideas u need?

DM Cross

Reaction score
Quest ideas, Item ideas, you can even get some ideas for units for the Adventurer's children to train up to! :) Even some ability ideas FOR those Adventurers, and speaking of which, about the Adventurer system:

First off, the max level for Heroes will be 20.

Second off, Evil players will be a bit different.

Players who become Dracula will automatically change at night to their Vampire form, but not until the second night. During the day, they will change back, automatically. (This is subject to change)

Players who become Jekyl and Hyde will automatically change to become Jekyl by default (through day AND night) so they will have to build most of their base buildings by night 2. (This is subject to change)

Players who become Jack the Ripper will automatically change to become Jack by default (through day AND night) so they will have to build most of their base buildings by night 2. (This is subject to change)

Players who become Doctor Frankenstein will automatically chagne to become the Doctor by default (through day AND night) so they will have to build most of their base buildings by night 2. (This is subject to change)

Players who become the Wolfman will only become the Wolfman during the night. During the day he will remain an Adventurer and be disallowed to gain a Path. (This is to keep the system simple and to keep it from becoming too unbalanced) (This will likely remain the same, but is possibly subject to change)

Evil heroes all follow the same structure, as far as their abilities:
1 Innate ability, a default ability that does not level up. (It's a unit ability)
4 Regular abilities, that level up a total of 4 times.
1 Ultimate ability, that levels up a total of 3 times.
1 Mastery ability, that has 1 level in it, which requires you to be level 20 to learn.
1 Hidden ability that is activated by a keyboard command. You must find this one out for yourself.

Thirdly, allow me to explain how each Tier of the Adventurer system will work.

Tier 1 will be Adventurers, the starting unit of every player. (Even the Evil player) They will have the Tier 1 techtree (smith, mill, basically the DD techtree) The Adventurers will have a crappy attack (11-16, or something like that) little to no armor, average movement and attack speed, and average life. They can get gold and lumber just like in DD. Their other 5 spaces for moves will be the 5 paths to upgrade to. (Militia, Wiccan, Deacon, Wanderer, or Rogue)

Tier 2 will be:
Militia
Wiccan
Deacon
Wanderer
and Rogue

These will ALSO be units, capable of building. They will each build buildings designed to assist their chosen path. (Wiccans will build magical buildings, Militia will build fighter-based buildings, Rogues will build assassin/fugitive type buildings, etc.) They will use 3 spaces for the 3 branches of their chosen path. That leaves them with 2 more spaces for abilities designed to show the theme of their path (Milita with melee combat, Wiccan with magic, Rogues with sneaky combat, etc.)

Tier 3 will be:
-For Militia units:
Squire
Archer
Monk
-For Wiccan units:
Illusionist
Evoker
Conjurer
-For Deacon units:
Priest
Cleric
Paladin
-For Wanderer units:
Barbarian
Druid
Ranger
-For Rogue units:
Theif
Shadow Walker
Shadow Mind

These will be Heroes instead of units. They will NOT be allowed to build. Instead, 1 of their workers may be upgraded to the rank of specified builder, designed to match the theme of the Adventurer's path. (Players that choose one of the Wiccan paths will be allowed to upgrade a Worker to a Geomancer, etc.) 2 ability spaces must still be left for the Tier 4 upgrades, but they will still have 4 more spaces. These Tier Heroes will act like Melee heroes. They will get 3 abilities, each with 4 levels in them. They will get 1 Ult ability with 2 levels in it.

Tier 4 will be:
-For Squire units:
Knight
Defender
-For Archer units:
Arcane Archer
Sharp Shotter
-For Monk units:
Dragon Disciple
Order of the Stone Fist

-For Illusionist units:
Enchanter
Mimic Mage
-For Evoker units:
Battle Mage
Elementalist
-For Conjurer units:
Planar Sorcerer
Summoner

-For Priest units:
Excorist
High Priest
-For Cleric units:
Battle Cleric
Prophet
-For Paladin units:
Holy Champion
War Paladin

-For Barbarian units:
War Mongerer
Beast Fighter
-For Druid units:
Druid of the Grove
Druid of the Sky
-For Ranger units:
Hunter
Tamer

-For Theif units:
Pick Pocket
Mugger
-For Shadow Walker units:
Assassin
Informant
-For Shadow Mind units:
Shadow Master
The Shadow

These are also heroes, and will follow a structure similar to the Evil heroes. They will have:
4 Regular abilities, that level up a total of 4 times.
1 Ultimate ability, that levels up a total of 3 times.
1 Mastery ability, that has 1 level in it, which requires you to be level 20 to learn.
Adventurer Heroes will not get an innate or hidden ability. That is designed to give the Evil players a bit more power.

KEEP IN MIND:
It is not simply upgrade as quick as you can press the button. Each upgrade requires certain buildings. Also, upgrading is your best weapon. Upgrading your Adventurer will give you access to more powerful spells, buildings and units.

We DO need ideas for the Heroes, they've not been thought out at all.

So don't forget!
Tier 1: 2 unit abilities
Tier 2: 3 abilities, each with 4 levels, and 1 ult with 2 levels
Tier 3: 4 abilities, each with 4 levels, and 1 ult with 3 levels, 1 Master ability with 1 level

R

Ralle_Janis

Some questions

Im a bit confused about the children. Are they supposed to have spells? or be able to build stuff? or just plain fighters? or what?

Wich heroes havent been done, and what kind of spell u want for em (just so i dont suggest a meteor swarm that deals 9999 damage, if the other spells deals 10)

What kind of items u need? will u be able to gather special items around the map (like mithril ore, quicksilver, magic relics etc), and the put em all in the smith' building, to create a super sword/armor/'anything else'? or do u have to buy all the items for the village?

So don't forget!
Tier 1: 2 unit abilities
Tier 2: 3 abilities, each with 4 levels, and 1 ult with 2 levels
Tier 3: 4 abilities, each with 4 levels, and 1 ult with 3 levels, 1 Master ability with 1 level

With that u mean, i have to create em and then submit in a map (like last stand)? or just that i have to specify each and every1 of the stats?

With quests, are they supposed to be storyline-minded or just some random quest that are enterily optional?

I think thats it..

(sry for asking this much when i am supposed to be helping, but its hard to help when u dont know what to help with ;) )

DM Cross

Reaction score
Dat's a lot of questions, mon.

Ever play DD? (Dark Deeds) It's a lot like that. You train children, and over time they grow up. Then you train them as either Workers or Fighters. Same concept, with more options.

Items like weapons, stuff that would be useful to farmers and whatnot. Even some evil items can be submitted, since they will nee a few items for themselves :D

Somewhere there's a post about what the theme for each class. I think it's on like page 2 or 3, but here it is again:

-Militia (Fighter class)
--Squire (Melee)
---Knight (Offensive Melee)
---Defender (Defensive Melee)
--Archer (Ranged)
---Arcane Archer (Magical Ranged Combat)
---Sharp Shooter (Best Ranged Combat)
--Monk (Martial Arts)
---Dragon Disciple (Aerial Martial Artist)
---Order of the Stone Fist (Powerful Melee Martial Arts)

-Wiccan (Mage class)
--Illusionist (Trickster) [Taken by Zaq]
---Enchanter (Support Magic)
---Mimic Mage (Shape Change Magic)
--Evoker (Battle Magic)
---Battle Mage (Melee Magic)
---Elementalist (Element-Based Combat Magic)
--Conjurer (Summoner)
---Planar Sorcerer (Planes Magic)
---Summoner (Summon Magic)

-Deacon (Worship class)
--Priest (Healer)
---Exorcist (Anti-Evil Caster)
---High Priest (Powerful Healer)
--Cleric (Support)
---Battle Cleric (Combat Support)
---Prophet (Knowledge Combat)
--Paladin (Combat)
---Holy Champion (Anti-Evil Combat)
---War Paladin (Powerful Army Support Combat)

-Wanderer (Naturist class)
--Barbarian (Fast Melee Combat)
---Viking (Stronger Melee Combat) [Taken by Foomy]
---Beast Fighter (Beast-Like Combat)
--Druid (Nature Spell Caster)
---Druid of the Grove (Nature Caster)
---Druid of the Sky (Weather Caster)
--Ranger (Hunter)
---Hunter (Trapper)
---Tamer (Control And Supports Beasts)

-Rogue (Underground class)
--Theif (Money Gainer)
---Pick Pocket (Sneaky Theif)
---Mugger (Stronger Theif)
--Shadow Walker (Sneaky Combat)
---Assassin (Kill Combat)
---Informant (Disguise and Spy)
--Shadow Mind (Shadowy Spell Caster)
---Shadow Master (Master of Shadow Spells) [Taken by Ralle_Janis]
---The Shadow (Becomes a Shadow, Obtained the Shadow-Like Abilities of a Shadow)

Quests don't have to be storylined, but try to make them relevant and at least good for the game era and whatnot. This is medevial-ish times, not a lot of technology, if ya get me :D

zaqer50

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I'd like to do the abilties and whatnot for the illusionist if thats ok with you Alexander! :D I love the art of deception! ;)

PS. All the abilites for the Grips are done and I have em all on a word doc.!

R

Ralle_Janis

dude u didnt answer half of the questions :p , but il take it that u need ideas for the heroes u listed.

I would like to do the Rogue class (if this means comming up with all the spells, and stuff like that, if it means i have to create all of the units, and then attach it i dont have time for it :/ )

DM Cross

Reaction score
Could you please post that Word doc? :)

Sure, Zaq you can handle the Illusionist :) Just like with the Death Grip, you can put the abilities into a Word Doc and we'll make em. Or if you wanna be really nice, you can make the abilties in a map and submit them here :)

Looks like Zaq just set a standard:
IF you want an entire hero idea to yourself, let me know! ;) If it's not taken, I'll put YOU in charge of the hero's abilities. If you just want to submit an ability, that's ok, too!

Zaq has the Illusionist while the War Mongerer, which is now a Vikiing, is taken by Foomy, an OM.com member.

-Ralle-

What didn't I answer?

And if you want to do one HERO, you can give me the ideas for ONE, but let's not get greedy :D

R

Ralle_Janis

lol, ok.

What u didnt answer:

With that u mean, i have to create em and then submit in a map (like last stand)? or just that i have to specify each and every1 of the stats?

Wich heroes havent been done, and what kind of spell u want for em (just so i dont suggest a meteor swarm that deals 9999 damage, if the other spells deals 10)

will u be able to gather special items around the map (like mithril ore, quicksilver, magic relics etc), and the put em all in the smith' building, to create a super sword/armor/'anything else'? or do u have to buy all the items for the village?

^^

ONE hero isnt that much, but ok. Wich have been done in the rogue parts?

DM Cross

Reaction score
You can make a map if you want to be nice :D Otherwise, just write down as much information as you can into a Word doc and post that :p

I've given you the theme of the hero. Base the abilities around that, and don't worry too much about damage and stuff, since we're likely going to re-do all that anyway for balance :) Just make it as strong as a regular melee map type spell (Blizzard, Mana Burn, make it the same strength as spells like those)

Yes, items will be smithed and may be combined.

So far, since we JUST started letting people do heroes, NONE of the Rogue class is done :) So pick one from the list ;)

R

Ralle_Janis

shadow master, thats mine :)

im afraid i dont have enough time to create him, but if i can squeeze it in i will :D

L

LgZepplin

not sure

hey i think this might have been mentiond lol but it would be cool to be able to have to have a wife to get children and every once in a while the children grow older, then tonce they hit a certain age the can have a wife and kids and you family can grow larger and larger lol just an idea to throw out there :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
Eh, a Word doc is just fine if you can't manage to create it in a map :)

Looks like Ralle took the Shadow Master idea! :D

-Other dude-

Yeah, I thought about that once myself. That the worker type of child could make his own little home, but then it just hit me as too complicated :D And maybe overpowered, too... So, no offense :D But I'd rather not make it huge and complicated.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Check out the sneak peek at the 4th Evil hero, the Wolfman!

4 down!

;) 1 more to go!

DM Cross

Reaction score
Most of the heroes and triggers will be done by me. Some of it will be done by Shadowy Fear when I need a break from staring at data fields :D You guys CAN create your heroes, or you can just submit ideas. Just because you submit them, does not mean we'll use them ;) So most of it will be me, some of it will be Shadowy, and the rest will be a collection of those kind enough to lend a hand :)

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
I hate to be off topic, but I think you should get this as a part of the forums. This line is, like, 10 pages long!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.