The Evil... Is coming...

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a typo :p I make a lot of them, rofl.

And you're wrong.

There are TWO more heroes who haven't been revealed yet :rolleyes:

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
i've been sitting here for two days! workign on a project of my own all the while thinking of things that might pose a problem with your map! (for maps with bugs are no good!) i came up with a intersting problem as you said erlier the EVIL BASE is PREPOSITIONED, now once your map makes to b.net people will undoubtably play it lots becuse dark deeds was like crack to these people, now with that, people learn your terrain in no time at all, this will pose a bigger problem than you expect! for say i asumme the role of no longer n00blar600, but expert600, i know were the evil base is prepositioned, couldn't i and my smart self run over the that location and see which players owns the evil buildings? regaurdless weather or nor i die, i could then spam over the chat channel (color of plyer here) IS EVIL!!
the only way i can see you solving this is creating a trigger that diables chat functions when your are deafeted, but if i were to make back alive, well what then 90% of the challenge of your game just whant PHHHHHHH. :confused:
im not trying to poke holes into your game all htough it may sound like it, i just think i should be bug free, hope this helps! :D good luck always!

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
actually the evil base is a whole nother team, the player who is evil jus has control and ally with it, so unless they catch the player with some of his adventurer units over there its fine. and there will be a couple places where the evil base can be. also i jus thought of this but maybe we should make it so that evil base and his adventurer's "family" should be unallied, or have an option to ally and unally at will or something.

B

Bloodhawk75

:D WOOOooooWWWwww

Wow nice map it sounds like dark deeds here I have an idea make IT LARGER than dark Deeds :D.

Sargon

Reaction score
Bloodhawk75 said:
Wow nice map it sounds like dark deeds here I have an idea make IT LARGER than dark Deeds :D.

Alexander said:
It should sound like Dark Deeds :)

<and later in the same post>

This map is currently Epic. I intend to have a LOT of room to explore ;)

Did you read the entire topic?

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
paper, i dont think you understand what im trying to say, on the mini map colors apper, if i were to run over to one of the preselcted evil base areas and look at the minimap werethe evil base is it will tell me who is the evil one. And if i die so what i can spam whos the evils one over the chat channel and basicaly ruin the game for every one.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Dude, there are several placements for an evil base. That's just a simple point that will make it harder to find out which one is occupied :D

I believe Alexander will be smart and actually lock up his evil base. Basically, he could open it like three to five minutes into the game and so by that time if some jerk ruins it for everyone, the evil will already be a steady enough force. Usually the goal of these games is to secretly pass around the word who the evil guy is to the people you trust and gather a secret blocking party. I think spamming it over the channel would alert the actual evil one into paying more attention.

The way these games work is you try to surround and kill the evil transformed farmer instead of razing his base. Razing the base is for thirty minutes to an hour into the game and you just can't kill the dang dark hero, so why not find and burn his lair? In the usual DD, if you couldn't find the dark hero to that point of time, you'd either be scrapped over because he'd have you right in his grip or the game is another annoying stalemate (hate those) where two trusting farmers might've built a super base together that the Evil one can never ever penetrate. (An issue with DD is that the top level of upgrades for the farmer are usually higher than the strength of the Evil's forces and hero)

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
Hmm i'm not sure , i think people will develope stratigies to frigure out who ownz the evil base, you see my point is if it preselsceted area, all i have to is go to area to area until i find the evil base, thne mathc it up with the color on the min map, bingo i now know who the evil dude is, regaurdless weather or not you "lock it up" you have to find some way to keep it out of vision.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I still don't know why you put it with "Bingo I know who the evil one is".

The two players are either allied or unallied! You will NOT see them both blue on the minimap. You'll see one blue and the other one dark green, for example.

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
Oh o the evil is registered under the Darkgreen player? and that player is granted control of the evil units once a timer hits zero? So for say blue id wlaking around having fun, and after 2 days gametimes pass by he gets granted control of Dark green units?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Yea, I believe it's called SHARED VISION and SHARED UNITS. It was the same dang way with DD.

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
you amy be right... i havent played DD in a logn time and when i did play (wich was for 4 or 5 day non stop :D ) i was never evil! it kinda mad me mad i always wanted to play as evil......

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Rofl, and I always HAD to be evil. I was getting really ticked and that was part of the reason why I stopped playing :D

I had a really good game one time. I was able to deceive everyone except two people who didn't listen to any of the crap flinging around and instead built a castle down in the southwest. It was a stalemate because their team and my team didn't want to make a move. If they did, I'd surely slaughter them with my pretty good army and in my tower-filled defensive as heck farmer's base. If I did, I'd surely get killed.

Well, I just went and committed suicide with my dude, which was fast.

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
My god it seems every one here is quite a stratigic player, i just mas fighting units ally with evil n lay waste to any thing that moves, sure its n00by, but its soooo much fun :D

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Heh, Deception is the only way to get past one of those dumb farm walls. I had an ally who just so happened to have a back entrance that led to me. I paraded my bad hero throughout my base and ordered him to attack various parts of my base shouting "Ah! I'm being attacked!"

Then, I ordered the wolf to go into the other's base and a few minutes later he was cursing at me for letting the wolf through to his base :D

zaqer50

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
All this talk makes my wanna play the game ALOT more, and makes me wanna play DD right now... The best DD are the private ones with only your friends cause nobdy runs arounmd going KILL ME I WANNA BE EVIL!!!11!!!!one one shift+1!! :D

L

LgZepplin

just wonderin

do u think you can take some screen shots of this map and show us, dont be mad if someone already asked this ive only read some of this thread! :eek: :D

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he's still on the beginning steps of the map. He might be further, I don't know, but I know he's still only on terraining.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Wow, Rinpun, thanks for covering for me :)

You too, Conan! ;)

Anyway, Master, they pretty much explained it perfectly to you (well, Rin did actually)

The Evil player is in fact an entirely different player with his own color. Walking into his base will get you murdered and very little else :D Even then, you'll not know who the Evil player is, since you'll be allied with the Evil team, not the Adventurer team controlling them.

Evil bases will be blocked off until the Evil is strong enough to transform (like I've said in the past, night 1 he will not be transforming) However, the evil town can BUILD to get some units. Their units will take more time, gold and lumber, while also being a little stronger. Balance issues ;)

As for screenshots, Shadowy Fear is working on the town of Merra for us :) He had some technical difficulties and had to restart yesterday morning, but I'm sure he'll be done soon. You'll get your first screenshots when he is done.

As a little ;) Teaser:

The Staff at OM.com is currently discussing another TWO Evil Heroes to add to the game! ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.