WIP The Settlers of Catan

S

Saphire

The Settlers of Catan​

Hi, this is my first project and i would realy want to see it in game. I have been inspiered by all the Risk games that i have played, i that is why i see potensial in this particular project :)

The Map
I want to make it as much like the board game as possible, and if you haven played it, here is the start setup :) (working on this trigger, but need help)
u place the pieces (the larger six edge pieces in the pic below) upside down and place alphabetic carboard pieces on top (not in the pic, but theese have the alphabet on one side and numbers representing dice numbers on the other) and when you have place all (wich will then be allmost randomly placed because of the alphabetic numbers and the upside down recource pieces) you turn everything around and you have the game board for this round

Here is a view of the board game. currently i need help from some guy that is pretty good on textures, so that i can get the random in my setup trigger to spawn this types of recource textures in stead of the original wc3 ones. The textures would be:
Wood
Stone
Sheep
Clay
Wheath (or some sort of farmland thing :p)
Desert (unbuildable, the one with the black piece in the pic)
soc.jpg

here is a pic of my map :) (not sure if i am going to use two islands)
The settlers1.JPG

thx for viewing, now i would really like input on how to do the game system (income, fighting, area takeover and such :))

If annyone whats to help me with the project, you are welcome to ask, i probably need help :)
+rep on productive comment :)

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I haven't really played risk before but I'm guessing those cards are some kind of events?
If so, maybe you could make some random stuff occur periodically or when you go somewhere.
Maybe you could make the weather change, like snow, rain, sunshine, thunderstorm etc.
As to events that trigger by some other thingy, maybe when you step in a desert tile, you have a chance to sink into the sand and get immobilised temporarily etc.

Finally, I was wonder what the "pieces" were, are they villagers or something? And also, are there many pieces or just one?

S

Saphire

fixed it in the main post now ^^ so just read it again :p

thx alot for the input, i really like this part
maybe you could make some random stuff occur periodically or when you go somewhere.

+rep :)

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
The cards are resources, you roll a die and if you have a village adjacent to a resource field that matches the value you role, you get that resource.

Plutonium

Reaction score
ohh... i love this game, is it possible for me to join in the creation? to help with stuff?
i know some about importing and triggering :)

this is my current project :) Naruto village fight tho i am starting to feel that the theme is pretty common, and this is a new one :D

S

Saphire

i guess you can help me ^^
cince i know you so well from our family, you are my brother after all ^^

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Normaly i would puke at those ugly Blizzard Cliffs, but seeing as raise wouldnt work in this situation, i dont see any other way. Now i think that you should add some varity to you areas, it seems to me that it very dull... Or if you want it make even more random you could make it so that at the start of the game the areas get choosen randomly, and the terrain changes acordingly. And also you should explain more about this game, ive never seen this game before nor played it, so please explain a bit more.

Reflexar

Reaction score
I love settlers of catan, i've played the boardgame many times :D

I once tried to make a map out of it. But i didn't finish it, So i Wish you good luck.

May the triggers be with you

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Id be interested in helping. Either with the code it self, or concepts of how to code some of it. I am a GUI Person though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.