The Spell Request Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, can u make a spell
that targets a area
and then the hero circles that area throwing stuff at the enemies inside?
and mabye possibly a spell that slides in a straight line and then in a
semi circle behind the unit and stabs it doing extra damage

got it now? :p

Sorry for this question .. what exactly is MPI ?? =X

Anyways .. playing around with cleave isnt that good .. because .. it targets a small area .. not units ..

ok, can u make a spell
that targets a area
those actually are interesting, would u mind if I try to make it for you? just be more detailed with the areal spell, like throwing what stuff?

throwing glaives (shurikens) or knives, i dont mind, i would just be interested on how to make that kind of thing :p thats why im asking here, please pm me when your done instead of posting in this forum or something

LegACy99
> hey, Tinki3, can I request a system?

I think that would be a good challenge for IKilledKEnny, as he's just written a mini-guide on showing damage :).

If he doesn't want to do it though, I'll see what I can do.

Your added to the waiting list.

__

Squll2
> ok, can u make a spell
that targets a area

I can make the first one, but the second seems a little 'hardcore'.

__

ZypHeRx™
> Sorry for this question .. what exactly is MPI ?? =X

MPI stands for "Multiple Player Instanceable".

It means that a triggered spell can handle up to 16 casters at a time, without the trigger malfunctioning.

I think that would be a good challenge for IKilledKEnny, as he's just written a mini-guide on showing damage .

If he doesn't want to do it though, I'll see what I can do.

Your added to the waiting list.
Okay, great!!
I can make the first one, but the second seems a little 'hardcore'.
oh, I actually thought the second one is easier than the first one...
well, I'll just do the second one then, since tinki3 decided to do the first one...

> LegACy99

I'm working on a guide about that, once done I will send you a link.

> Squll2

I'll see if I can make your second request, but as Tinki3 said, it's a bit hard. :p

> LegACy99

I'm working on a guide about that, once done I will send you a link.
oh, okay.
I have read it, but I still don't really understand it...

Ok here is the newly made system, I just rewrote it, you are welcome to take a look and comment there (this is still a spell request thread)

Mind, if I request again?...:)
Well I shouldnt be requesting it but my friend who's helping me is currently busy, so I cant get hard thing's done for now..:(

Frost Diver

Should be GUI

Description: Summons a pillar of ice in front of the caster after a few seconds the ice explodes(same time) causing enemy units whithin 350 range of ice's be hit by frost nova...
Level 1: 650 Range(the range of the ice's pillar) 100 frost nova damage.
Level 2: 750 Range 200 frost nova damage.
Level 3: 800 Range 250 frost nova damage.
Level 4: 800 Range 300 frost nova damage.

Ok here us the completed spell

Note: You need to change dummie's model file to whatever you want, and the dummy ability's effect to whatever you want as well.

Template (terrain etc, map triggers etc.): By Tinki3

Attachments

• Frost Diver.w3x
    99.2 KB · Views: 296
I tested out the Trip Laser, and it seems to be what I'm looking for! +rep to both of you.

Problems:
I might adjust the range for stunning, units sometimes aren't even touching the laser and get stunned

A small arena with magic-immune golems and ranged units isn't the best place to use it, I had a hard time getting one of em over it.

But other than that, I appreciate it a lot. Thanks once more!

my spell would be Mountain of Destruction
What happens is i want a terrain deformation to spawn at the position of the caster (a big hill)
And that terrain deformation to move in a line towards the target of the spell, dealing X damage to all units that it hits, and knocking them off of the mountain.

hmm.. i really have NO idea how to do this.. sorry to ask another request.. but is it possible for you to make something LIKE aphotic shield (in dota) in GUI?

if u dont know what aphotic shield does, it absorbs a certain amount of damage and then reflects it back at enemies

Edit: tinki3 why am i off the waiting list? isnt ikilledkenny making me that slide half circle thing spell? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.