The Title it the Title

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
Is infinate energy possible? Can there a source or can something create energy out of nothing?

infinite energy OR free energy?

i've heard about free energy from mythbusters, and the main principle in achieving this is by unlocking how to achieve perpetual motion. but they said that perpetual motion is impossible because friction between machines slows down motion until it stops.

C

Cryo

Maybe infinate energy is unlocked by a math formula of somthing since E=mc Squared maybe someone can change the formula?

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
energy is not infinite. Energy is always the same. Doesn't spawn, doesn't get lost. Just converts.

> imagine a frictionless turbine that only needs to be spinned once to achieve momentum then it never stops. so that nothing is powering it, but it powers up something.

1. How did you want to power something up when there's no friction?
2. When there's no friction, the turbine does not have a steady speed, it keeps going faster.

1337Elite

Reaction score
i think personally think that perpetual motion is the answer.

imagine a frictionless turbine that only needs to be spinned once to achieve momentum then it never stops. so that nothing is powering it, but it powers up something.

But there will be friction when you try to generate electricity from the turbine. I think we hit a snag.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
But there will be friction when you try to generate electricity from the turbine. I think we hit a snag.

oh yeah... it wasnt really a turbine (in mythbusters).

i've done a bit of searching on "free energy" and here's what i got:
free energy has a lot to do with magnets/electromagnets.

How Free Energy Works (video)
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jAk3tiaOewo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jAk3tiaOewo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

BEDINI'S FREE ENERGY GENERATOR
http://www.icehouse.net/john1/foreward.html

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
The whole point of it is to create "free" energy. Apparently this can charge batteris without using a battery itself, hence "free" energy.

This has yet to be proven of course.

C

Cryo

Sup, New Topic of the week: I found his on the chinese newspaper a week ago is seems that a guys was hungry so he cracks some eggs in a bowl poped it in the mircowave, cooks for 2-3 mins and took it out to sir, he turn around grabed a fork and turn back and look at the bowl and felt his face burning, he turn around to tell his wife and she apperently saw his face burnted, scar, and gorely like some kinda acid hit his face, so he takes him to the hospital. I kinda have doubts about this story what so u ppl think.

Bronxernijn

Reaction score
You get a badly mutilated face from watching an unprotected microwave oven.

I guess. It kills dogs, so...

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
It's possibly, the steam from the eggs could have burnt his face badly if he wasn't paying attention. It's the same reason why you don't go near gysers. Or put your face into boiling hot water.

C

Cryo

This weeks topic is a question. Do guys think capital punishment is a good idea? I think its and awasome idea or atleast it's better then prison. I MEAN SEROUISLY:mad: have u guys seen the prisons now adays i mean comn is it a prison of a retirement center free food, gym, work, internet time, phone calls, relioius freedoms, heck if went to jail and said eating fish everyday is my religion, they would serve me fish every day. Theres a jail in austrailia that works like a 5 star hotel.What we need to do is to find an island like madagascar but smaller. We electirc fence the whole island and have guard towers around the island of the fence.It will be miles away form any citys or land for that matter and with be filled with wild animals and trees, there will also be shark infested waters<3. We pour all the ppl in jail in the island form a helicopter (and if they surive the fall) they will live on the island. It will make a good T.V. show:thup: and good place of rapists and murders. There will be copters that bring food down to the tower every few hours:D. and the copters will not land, EVER. GOOD LUCK SWIM WITH THE FISHES:D.

Btw we spend millions of dollars year on prison, PRISONS, A PLACE FOR BAD PPL WE ARE TREATING LIKE KINGS.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
>all the microwave does is vibrate the water molecules inside food to heat the food.

Ya, but that doesn't mean it won't kill you. If something can boil a cup of water, that something can boil you too.

Steam would also do it, not only is it nice and hot temperature-wise, but the transformation from water to gas absorbs a bunch of extra energy that is released when it condenses on things, like your face.

So its possible, though I think he would have noticed his lack of usable eyes first.

And on to the capital punishment question. There is a reason we provide good living conditions for inmates; Our society doesn't build prisons to avenge victims. We can deter crime, and punish criminals, and remove them from society, without ignoring their humanity.

Since the enlightenment, the world has done dealt with its criminals in progressively less severe ways. Its sort of a tradition. In addition, its a great way to measure the advancement of a society. After all, strength is not measured under normal circumstances, it is measured in the hardest circumstances. Society can still treat its worst members fairly and with respect, that says something.

No, I don't support capital punishment.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
This weeks topic is a question. Do guys think capital punishment is a good idea? I think its and awasome idea or atleast it's better then prison. I MEAN SEROUISLY:mad: have u guys seen the prisons now adays i mean comn is it a prison of a retirement center free food, gym, work, internet time, phone calls, relioius freedoms, heck if went to jail and said eating fish everyday is my religion, they would serve me fish every day. Theres a jail in austrailia that works like a 5 star hotel.What we need to do is to find an island like madagascar but smaller. We electirc fence the whole island and have guard towers around the island of the fence.It will be miles away form any citys or land for that matter and with be filled with wild animals and trees, there will also be shark infested waters<3. We pour all the ppl in jail in the island form a helicopter (and if they surive the fall) they will live on the island. It will make a good T.V. show:thup: and good place of rapists and murders. There will be copters that bring food down to the tower every few hours:D. and the copters will not land, EVER. GOOD LUCK SWIM WITH THE FISHES:D.

Btw we spend millions of dollars year on prison, PRISONS, A PLACE FOR BAD PPL WE ARE TREATING LIKE KINGS.

1. Clearly you didn't check your spelling enough. ;)

2. This post explains why I fear for the worlds future.

Seb!

Reaction score
Plus, a recent study using DNA tests showed that a high percentage of death row could be proved 100% innocent with new technology. I would rather have 100 guilty people and 1 innocent person leave death row than all of them dyeing.

n[u]ll

Reaction score
What we need to do is to find an island like madagascar but smaller. We electirc fence the whole island and have guard towers around the island of the fence.It will be miles away form any citys or land for that matter and with be filled with wild animals and trees, there will also be shark infested waters<3. We pour all the ppl in jail in the island form a helicopter (and if they surive the fall) they will live on the island.

I think I've heard that before.. Oh yea, It's called the Madagascar Plan.

It was first though up by Henry Hamilton Beamish (a Nazi-Party follower).
And was nearly carried out during WWII by the Jewish Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs..
You're not Hitler, are you?

C

Cryo

no, but his birthday was a few days ago, and i couldn't spell check it i was at school so i can't dl the Spell checker. I still think we are being a little bit to nice to those who rape a murder ppl.

Bronxernijn

Reaction score
Cyro, your statement cleary indicates we are living in an emotional society.

If you really think prisons are good, I would like to challenge you to be locked up for 10 years. It is not good. You lose your job, education is at a low level, you have a small room, and you are not free to go wherever you want, and freedom of act becomes more and more important to people.

What you think really does not matter for this sake. Just let other people decide, with the knowledge they are more professional than you.

And yes, of course we spend a lot of money on prisons. We hope the criminals that get out are not criminals anymore.

We are probably not able to revert prisons, because we built ourselves so many 'safelocks' for human rights in terms of laws. You'd probably have half the world against you when carrying out the Madagascar Plan.

Big IMO applies for the above probably

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.