The Title it the Title

C

Cryo

I have a theory in fact in fact i have many theorys. i will post one once a week until i run out or u guys get bored.
Frist theory: Ice,once it hits the right temp, can turn black , this "dark" ice is very dangerous, the ice will probally not be water, but more of a gas.
Is this possible,or is it already possible. btw i just get vbored and think of these thing i have no source evendence or and leads, just immagtionation and common sence.:D

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> and common sence
Where?

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
the right temp?? ice starts to melt a +1 degree, and there are people who works with ice with at very cold tempertures, if it was possible, people would know.

it could maybe be possible in nature if the rain that the rain is made of falls in a very exhausted area or maybe even a volcano area.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Ah and btw, ice cannot not be water. Ice IS water, in solid form. And there's also water in gas form, it's called steam ;). So, telling that there can be some dark ice (that is solid) in a gas form is like telling me that oxygen is like concrete :rolleyes:.

C

Cryo

well theres dry ice and thats air and ice can turn blue y not black:confused:
btw im just a curious trying to find anwsers
so "no" is a perfectally accpectable anwser:D

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> theres dry ice and thats air
"Dry ice" is not really ice by definition, it's just a fancy name for a product.

> y not black
Not really a good way of proving something.
Pretty much the same as saying "Hey, I think I'm God. Got proof that I'm not? No? Then I certainly am."

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
If you melt ice it will turn to water. Then evaporate into water vapor.

Since you can't really set ice on fire it won't have scorch marks or anything unless you manually create scorch marks with a marker. ;P

So I guess the answer is "no". :p

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
There are reasons an ice cube is blue, or sometimes transparent. Water, is not always pure, or may sometimes have other chemicals and/or gases in it, changing its 'color'.

Unless you get black water, and freeze that, then maybe you will get a black ice cube the right temperature (freezing point).

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
NOTE: When I speak of 'water' I mean pure H2O. This is actually not good for you ^^

solid water has no color (this is ice)
liquid water has no color
gaseous water has no color

So no, logically black ice is not possible.

The fact that you see water is because water refracts light, so you dont actually see water. But this is science and not chemistry.

Dry ice is the solid form of CO2.

A gas coming out of it is not possible, this means H2O would split when the temperature is very low. Since there are no other chemicals involved, this cannot happen. If H2O splits, H2 and O2 spawn. Its like this: 2 H2O(l) -> 2 H2(g) + O2(g)

H2 and O2 aren't very dangerous gasses, they are just very explosive.

I hope I made you understand a bit better about water :D

C

Cryo

so no matter how cold "ice" gets it it will never change color?

y do stars change color when it gets hotter then??? you can have a black star.

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
a black star would be a star that is not emitting light at all, and therefore is not a star.

Or did you mean another kind of star?

C

Cryo

well there can be a black light and it's purple, the star would probally be purple.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> black light and it's purple
What? :nuts:

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
> black light and it's purple
What? :nuts:

black-light-bulb-1.jpg

C

Cryo

yeha

yeah thats the thing my teacher showed me :).its werid its purple but its called a black light:confused:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.