TheHelper been really slow or is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sLsIDK

Reaction score
Title says all. It's pretty unbearable. Currently 3/4 of the smilies to my right have loaded (and stopped loading). What happens is every thehelper.net page won't load, then it'll be really slow and not load all the way. Usually the not loading lasts like ten seconds to like thirty but it just lasted around three minutes.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Weird.
TheHelper.net loads (as usual) really quick on my computer.
Is it only TheHelper.net that's slow for you, or the rest of the internet as well?

sLsIDK

Reaction score
Just TheHelper, I try it(EDIT: by this I mean my internet) every time TheHelper is slow. I also tried it with other browsers. (well just one other, but still)

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Just TheHelper, I try it(EDIT: by this I mean my internet) every time TheHelper is slow. I also tried it with other browsers. (well just one other, but still)
Well, maybe something screwed up the servers Just when you try to load TheHelper.net

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
it has happened to me, but that was because thehelper was down for a bit apparently. it should go away in a hour or so

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Hooray for server changes. :p I think the slowdown was due mostly to a database import.
Nothing to worry about.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
TH.net won't load for me at random times throughout the day. Will this be a permanent issue? :(

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
I have no problems and I'm usually on my iPod :p

Same (including the iPod part), but the other day (I think it was 3-4 days ago), the site gave me a 404 when I tried to access it...

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
I was just about to make a thread about this myself.

For the past several days (including right now), this site has been intermittently slow/not responding for me to the point where it times out (several minutes without response). A short while later, and I'll be able to access it...and a short while again, and it'll be down. What's going on?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
I was just about to make a thread about this myself.

For the past several days (including right now), this site has been intermittently slow/not responding for me to the point where it times out (several minutes without response). A short while later, and I'll be able to access it...and a short while again, and it'll be down. What's going on?

I can barely post this message, if it even goes through...

Further info:
"Safari can’t open the page “http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1177860” because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection. This sometimes occurs when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes, and then try again."

It can't be just me, either. I tried loading this thread through proxify.com and it said no response on port 80.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
It seems to be working now, but I experienced the same: Pages took 15 mins to load, and even then did not completely load.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
The fact that this is happening is known. We are working on a resolution to the issue, but I do not know when that will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.