Thehelper problem

envenger

Reaction score
For a past few days thehelper.net take me more than 2-3 minutes to load even one page. It took me 5min to post this. And some other sites like playdota.com/fourms causes my network to disconnected every time i open it. Whats the problem how to fix it. Other site work better.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you recently changed ISP, or router?

The first thing I would do is run a speed test and see if its your internet speed's fault. I prefer this site.

envenger

Reaction score
yeah i have changed router. I am using a wireless one with less speed but other site are working ok except thehelpernet which is slow and playdota.com which just disconnects my network connection after the page opens.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you do a traceroute to thehelper.net from command line and paste the results?

Samuraid

Advisor
Reaction score
yeah i have changed router. I am using a wireless one with less speed but other site are working ok except thehelpernet which is slow and playdota.com which just disconnects my network connection after the page opens.

If you are on wireless now, it is possible that interference (cordless phones, microwave, other wireless networks on the same channel) is impeding the signal and causing the weird time-outs you are seeing.

If possible, you might try configuring your router to use a different wireless channel (instead of the default).

Also, it could be a routing problem on the internet in general or a problem with your ISP. Next time, you notice slow performance, please do the following:
- Open a command prompt (run "cmd")
- Run the command: tracert thehelper.net
- Copy/paste the results here (or take a screenshot)

That way, we can help troubleshoot what might be going wrong.

envenger

Reaction score
Pinging www.thehelper.net [216.38.23.218] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 216.38.23.218: bytes=32 time=760ms TTL=45
Reply from 216.38.23.218: bytes=32 time=1393ms TTL=45
Reply from 216.38.23.218: bytes=32 time=539ms TTL=45
Reply from 216.38.23.218: bytes=32 time=642ms TTL=45

Ping statistics for 216.38.23.218:
Packets: sent = 4'Recived = 4, lost = 0 <0% loss>,
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 593ms, Maximum = 1393ms, avrage = 833ms

Even when i had wireless helper was working slow but still manageable.
When i used to open playdota.com in firefox my net dced i download chrome and tried net not dcing.

-----------------edit-----------------

After i did this my helper.net now working fine its now very fast. Hope its permanent :)

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
I have the exact same problem, which I've been telling Ghan for awhile now. :banghead:

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
For me, the problem comes..
And then it goes..
And then it returns..
And leaves..

You get the picture xD

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I also tend to have this problem. Most of the time I don't have a problem but then other times it takes me ages to load a single page (with it sometimes timing out). It is almost as if the sever is offline or there is a lot of traffic. I do not have this problem with any other site.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I think it happens when the server does a backup of the database.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Database backups happen once per day at 4:00 AM EST.
We have discovered that log statistic generation may have been causing some slowdowns. Those happen every hour and might cause some contention while the log files are analyzed. I have turned stats off for now. Please post if you still get sporadic slowness, hopefully with a traceroute to go with it. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.