This is starting to get me annoyed

hortonofdoom

Reaction score
Im doing this TD. and i looked on a guide here who said somethin about variable stuff, and i dont get it.

Why can every maul have atleast 100 creeps running around and my creeps start to bugg when i get 40 on the map?

Cant someone make a simple guide who says it all :(

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
@hydra
A TD is small enough, tbh.

@hortonofdoom
A variable can be declared using ctrl-b on the trigger windows. A variable is a "pointer" that points to a value. It can be an integer, which are, much like in math, letters or words that represent numbers. A variable in math could be "X" or "Y". In w3, it's the same thing except you can give them any name, and you can dynamically change their values. There are other types, like "Unit". It can be used as a substitute to a unit when you need a unit as a parameter to an action. Like, you can have the trigger
"Move Footman 0001 instantly to Center of Region 0001"
or you can have
"Set SomeUnitVariable = Footman 0001
Move SomeUnitVariable to Center of Region 0001"

You can do the same thing with the region,
Set RegionVariable = Region 0001

Variables can be used to pass information from a trigger to another, make writing code faster or to make spells work for multiple players at once.

Variables can be array, which are like "stacks" of variables. Much like a single variable with multiple values. You can have an integer variable, and do
Set IntVariable[1] = 454
Set IntVariable[2] = 3457

The first value of IntVariable will be 454, and its second value will be 3457

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
> A TD is small enough, tbh.
Agreed.

Try turning collision off for your units. (This is a guess, seeing as you haven't told us what the problem is.)

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
You dont neccesarily have to finish your first project, What I ment was to first make a very simple map to get used to the variables and stuff etc.

RedOrb

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Agree with Hydra..

Just open up a 32x32 map (with grass :p)
and make some regions (which are on different ground tiles so you know where the regions are in game)

Make a bunch of different variables, one for most of the different types, then experiment with each. For example:

Trigger:
  • RegionUnit Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region1 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set GenericUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of GenericUnit) + just walked into region.)

Oh, and it's OK to get annoyed. Not everything in life is a breeze!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.