Tilesets (Now again)

Multiply

Reaction score
I know you can (With Newgen) get up to 16 different tilesets in your GUI. Is there a way to exceed this value? I've seen in some maps, it said -29 available. How can I do this, with NewGen?

ShadowInTheD

Reaction score
You can always trigger it, and you don't even need NewGen to do this. I've also heard that WE Unlimited allows you to get all the tiles you want, but I don't know myself. Triggering, is a good way to go, unless you need to create A LOT of terrain in random ways to make things look cool.

Multiply

Reaction score
It's to make things look cool. And it's a very huge map, so making it using triggers will take... aaaages. There must be a way to allow more than 16 tilesets

dudeim

Reaction score
Well you could try and download the World editor Enhancher (or something) as far as I know you could get up to like a 100 diffrent tiles. Not sure though

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Is that really possible? I've tried triggering placement of different tiles, and every single tile works until I've placed a limit on about 16 (didn't count with precision, but it's at least not as high as 100. I hit the limit pretty fast). After that, any additional tile types were placed using previous placed tiles. As if all tile slots were filled.

I would very much like it if I were wrong about this by the way. I would love to be able to place up to 100 different tiles!

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I think you can only have 16 tiles, its harcoded in wc3 or something.

Multiply

Reaction score
I've seen maps saying -29 tiles, which is with the 16 limit, aka there's 16+29 tiles, at least.

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Please for the love of god and all Centipedes Everywhere! Not the Tile question!

Ok seriously now.

You do not need to rely on the Tile limit. You can have as many as you want.
Use triggers. Found under Environment.

Find out where you want them then use triggers. There is no limit. The limit is ONLY for the GUI terrain editor, but you can change / add the tiles wherever you want, to whatever you want, by using triggers.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Read above, it would take ages for a huge map to be terrained by triggers. The easiest way would be reigons but with detailed terrain you would have over 1000 reigons just for tiles.

Multiply

Reaction score
Please for the love of god and all Centipedes Everywhere! Not the Tile question!

Ok seriously now.

Find out where you want them then use triggers. There is no limit. The limit is ONLY for the GUI terrain editor, but you can change / add the tiles wherever you want, to whatever you want, by using triggers.

If you would please take some time reading the question fully. If it's possible to actually _add_ tilesets above the 16 limit, it's much easier for me, than doing triggers. My map is huge, and it's detailed. Triggers would simply make it all ugly. I know people have done this before, but I can't seem to find anywhere it states _how to have more than 16 tiles in your map_

Nappe

Reaction score
If you would please take some time reading the question fully. If it's possible to actually _add_ tilesets above the 16 limit, it's much easier for me, than doing triggers. My map is huge, and it's detailed. Triggers would simply make it all ugly. I know people have done this before, but I can't seem to find anywhere it states _how to have more than 16 tiles in your map_

Maybe his point was that there is no other way than triggers?

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score

Ok seriously now.

How did you come to that conclusion?

Here's a map where you can press ESC to change the map area to a new terrain tile. After having placed 16 tiles, no new tiles will show their graphics anymore. I'm pretty sure 16 is the limit for warcraft 3 through normal triggers, unless there is a trick I don't know about.

Attachments

• TileTest.w3x
    19 KB · Views: 165
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.