Spell Torrent

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ahm 1 more thing... Set TorrentGroup = (Units within 225.00 of TorrentTargetPoint[(TorrentInstances - TorrentInstances2)] matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) Not equal to (Triggering unit)) and (((Matching unit) is in TorrentUnits) Equal to False) and (Matching unit) belongs to and enemy of (Owner of TorrentCaster) cuz without that the torrent affects allied units. Fix that, and the spell would be perfect.. +rep for your hard work

Igor_Z

Reaction score
Do this below the Unit - Cause TorrentCaster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (1.20 + (1.20 x (Real((Level of Torrent for TorrentCaster))))) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Universal. It makes the spell look more real... Then remove the effect in the loop below

Code:
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\CrushingWave\CrushingWaveDamage.mdl
Set Torrent_Effect = (Last created special effect)

And i need to ask something. Does the second trigger need to be always on? Why don't u turn it on do ur actions and turn it off again?

EDIT: Take a look, i think it is very good. Plus, i fixed so the Illidan foot steps effect appear only for allies not for enemies..

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Hmmm.......tested it:
<Constructive criticsm?>
*Illidan's footsteps aren't in a circle.
*Flying height looks funny.
*AOE is to big, making the splash effect look weird when they are visually not hit by the torrent.

Um..... looks good anyway. Are you going to make any more DotA spells? :)
This is NOT MUI
Looks MUI too me XD, although custom values may stuff up.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
One thing I noticed in the test map was that when I spammed torrent at a unit, their flying height do not stack well and thus look ugly.

Angel_Island

Much long, many time, wow
Reaction score
Code:
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\CrushingWave\CrushingWaveDamage.mdl
Set Torrent_Effect = (Last created special effect)
And i need to ask something. Does the second trigger need to be always on? Why don't u turn it on do ur actions and turn it off again?
Won't it leak if you don't destroy it? Why do i need to turn it off? Simonake said i should have it on or it maybe would cause bugs.

Hmmm.......tested it:
<Constructive criticsm?>
*Illidan's footsteps aren't in a circle.
*Flying height looks funny.
*AOE is to big, making the splash effect look weird when they are visually not hit by the torrent.

Um..... looks good anyway. Are you going to make any more DotA spells?

Well 225 aoe is what they say in the DotA Wiki and i didn't know how to make the circle. Why does the flying height look funny? I think i will create more, but maybe change them.

Igor_Z

Reaction score
Well can u test the map i posted... I fixed many things. Take a look plz. Why did i spent time for ur map. For nothing?! Just look @ the triggers.. The created effect is destroyed below in the loop, ofc it will leak if u don't destroy it. Check out the map plz!!!

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Well can u test the map i posted... I fixed many things. Take a look plz. Why did i spent time for ur map. For nothing?! Just look @ the triggers.. The created effect is destroyed below in the loop, ofc it will leak if u don't destroy it. Check out the map plz!!!
He never asked you too......

Anyways, its because the units fall faster then the water, Isn't it meant to fall WITH the water?
ofc it will leak if u don't destroy it
Where does it leak anyway? All effects he made already are destroyed after wards.

Igor_Z

Reaction score
Kk, i think now ur torrent is perfect. Just the speed of falling needs a little ajusting

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
torrent from dota? well not really, the bubbles created by torrent are invisible to enemy units, only allied units can see the bubble effects

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
...... kingkingyyk3......

I tested the spell but didn't look at the code and it seems okay enough.

Maybe you shouldn't pause the unit like as in dota but just stun them.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Noo.. you get stunned I believe, or maybe it is you being set to your position (periodically) which gives the stun effect.

Also, are the bubbles in circle yet XD?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
You get paused AFAIK.
You're hero gets deselected and then selected back when you land, AKA paused :p .

EDIT: Quoted from here:
DotA Allstars Wiki said:
# Units can still be attacked while in the air.
# The bubble/foam animation can be seen by allies only.
# Enemies are paused while in the air, for a total disable time of 1.53 seconds.
# Torrent deals 60/90/120/150 damage when it first hits, and an additional 6/9/12/15 damage per 0.15 seconds while the affected units are falling back down for a total of 10 hits.
# When a unit is killed by Torrent, it will die when it lands, like Impale.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.