CTF Tournament Capture The Flag

jaundice

Reaction score
Tournament Capture The Flag [v1.0]

1. Basics of Gameplay
The gameplay is simple, choose one of the 6 classes, wait for the round to start, and depending on which class you chose, either make your way towards the enemy flag, or defend your own.

Gold and Experience are awarded for:
-Taking the Enemy Flag
-Returning your Allied Flag
-Scoring
-Killing Enemy Heroes

Flags to Win:
Player 1 (Red) Chooses the length of the game at the very beginning, the options are as follows:
3 Flags [Short]
5 Flags [Normal]
10 Flags [Extreme]
15 Flags [Mayhem]

Now you may think that 15 flags would take a very long time, but after testing the map numerous times with my friends, the game is VERY fast paced, and 15 flags could possibly take around 30-45 minutes in it's quickest, and 60-90 minutes if you've got 2 solid teams.

2. Classes
The 6 classes that are in the game currently are each made for a specific purpose, all with abilities that help enforce their blatant purpose. The abilities are made to be short lived, but effective. With the gameplay being at the speed that it is, if abilities lasted for more than 15 seconds, it would be extremely overpowered, so keep that in mind when reading the abilities. (Just for example, the Flag Runner's Temporary Invincibility only lasts for 8 seconds at level 3.)

1. Flag Runner:
Abilities:
A. Temporary Invincibility
B. Vanishing Speed
C. Phase Break
D. Multiplicity

Description:
Low HP, and relatively low damage, this class is built purely for getting that flag and getting the hell out of dodge. One of the strategies my friends and I like to use is Grab Flag -> Multiplicity -> Vanishing Speed, and Phase Break into the goal.
2. Flag Defender:
A. Defense Wards
B. Poisoned Axes
C. Entrap
D. Crippling Nova

Description: Built to defend the flag, his wards with True Sight will show any of those sneaky Flag Runners and give them a nice heaping helping of damage too, use his Entrap to keep them from running away and Crippling Nova to deal great damage and slow them down so you can go in for the kill!
3. Support:
A. Spirit Aura
B. Spirit Cleanse
C. Metabolic Aura
D. Lullaby

Description: Made to help out teammates, run in with the Flag Runner to give him your auras and put the enemy heroes to sleep with Lullaby, especially that pesky Nuker! Heal any wounded team mates with Spirit Cleanse to ensure a safe trip back to your Flag Base.
4. Nuker:
A. Corpsegrinder
B. Abominate
C. Necroshower
D. Skewer

Description: This guy is built like a Sherman Tank, loads of HP and tons of damage to dish out. He's VERY slow, and he attacks slow as well, but he deals massive damage, and all of his abilities will allow you to decimate the competition, but don't plan on scoring any Flags with this guy.
5. All-Rounder:
A. Crushing Blow
B. Life Burst
C. Mana Leak
D. Barbed Armor

Description: The All-Rounder is, well, just that. He has offensive and support abilities. His Barbed Armor is a good defense boost and returned melee damage, while Life Burst can heal his team mates. Crushing Blow gives him the required Stun effect if he's going to be a real team player, and Mana Leak to make sure those pesky Nukers can't spank his team mates for massive damage!
6. Summoner:
A. Summon Bear
B. Summon Hydro Demon
C. Summon Fire Demon
D. Summon Bloodfiend

Description: A tough class to play early game, unless you buy some Strength tomes to get his HP up. He's VERY VERY weak in the HP and Damage department, but his Summons are quite the contrary. The Bears make for the first line defense, and the Hydros and Fires provide ranged support, and the Bloodfiend is almost a hero in himself when it comes to Damage, but as all abilities in the game, they only last for a set amount of time, so SURROUND!

3. Screenshots (I apologize for the massive 1st Pic)
ctf2.jpg

wc3scrnshot072709003725.jpg

wc3scrnshot072709003820.jpg

4. Items (Still In Progress)
1. Tome of AGI +2
2. Tome of STR +2
3. Tome of INT +2
4. Tome of Omniscience (All Stats +15)
5. Tome of Power (Level +1)
6. Gloves of Haste
7. Boots of Speed
8. Potion of Health
9. Greater Potion of Health

I plan on adding some more items, I just need to make sure to limit heroes to 5 independent items so there's still room to hold the Flag, OR I could just leave it as-is, so non-flag running Heroes can hold more items while the Runners will have to be cautious of their Item count.

5. Extra
The game defaults to -ap, but some commands can be issued to change that.
-ar is obviously All Random, where all heroes for all players are random
-random is if an individual chooses to go with a random hero

I'll upload the map once I'm done finalizing it :p I need to put in a last bit of polish and protect the map.

Dirac

Reaction score
I don't like the idea of heroes specialized to do something specific, this can be exploited: if a team has 3 defenders then the flag is completely impossible tp capture...
If there aren't any jungle path, you should add several
Are the main unit heroes? How does the experience system works then...

jaundice

Reaction score
The specialized heroes aren't overpowered for their job, continuing your example, 3 Defenders would surely be formidable, but a flag runner can blink in and out and wind walk back to base, meaning in order to truly have a working team, you can't just mass one particular class. Experience is gained from Taking the flag, returning your flag, and scoring, as well as creeps in the woods. There are also tomes you can get, so you can level purely from tomes if you're a good flag runner, because you also get money for the aforementioned actions, as well as killing heroes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.