Tower Ideas?

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Sandbox

Water Gun - Shoots water, low damage.
Laser Tag - does nothing beside stopping units for 1 second (bash100%)
Kid Throwing toys - close range maniac attacking tower.
Whine - attract to this decoy tower to destroy it.
Call Mom - Ultimate weapon of mass destruction, but only work every 2 min.

all the towers can move around, but can't attack while in moving mode (like ancients)

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Anything. said:
Control Magic doesn't exist in RoC - Control Magic is a Spell Breaker ability! Think! And why not make Vault Tower upgraded from Gold Tower, ;) similar effects - one is weaker, but more widespread :)

Sheep Tower - Makes funny sounds every few seconds.
Black Sheep Wall (Starcraft) - Doesn't attack, reveals invisible units and large map area.
Seer of the Dead (ISEEDEADPEOPLE) - Upgrades from Black Sheep Wall :shades:
Machinegunner - Goes peW p3w, and t3h cr3epz0rz DIE!!
:confused: I' m, I am thinking ! I have TFT and don' t know all spells where what belongs, I' m just a human. Didn' t know Gold Towers do same effect- I do not play TD anymore.
Is in ROC an action what allows you to change owner of unit ? If yes you got your control magic, if you can use even expireing timer it will be even better (Use them both).
And Lighting Tower should be upgraded to Thunder Tower
As I can see my thinking isn' t needed here- I will go think somewhere else then :(

wonderpriest

Reaction score
Uh, didn't read the previous ideas so excuse me if either has been said.

Spirit Tower (completely original name =P, change it!)
Starts out weak but gets stronger with each kill. For each kill it makes, it can cast some sort of ability that takes a "soul". Maybe stronger abilities for each soul? Also, using souls for ability would make the tower weaker. (Spirits=Strength)

Link Tower
Very weak, but if you manage to build many close to eachother, they "link" and gain attack strength for each tower added to the link-up. If you think this is too powerful, then make it so one tower is the "Link Target" tower which is very weak, and it gains strength by being linked up by "Link" towers that do nothing but link. (UT2K4 anyone? :p)

W

Wyvernoid

Magic Pen Tower:
Does not attack.
1 Tower - does nothing
2 Towers - These two towers are connected by a string of magic. Monsters crossing it take damage.
3 Towers - These three towers are connected by 3 strings of magic forming a triangle. Monsters crossing any of them take damage.
4 Towers - These four towers are connected by 6 strings of magic forming a quadrangle with a cross in side. Monsters crossing any of them take damage.
x Towers - Calculate them yourself! XD

NOTE: This may become super!!! ^^ Make it costly.
-- and... hard to do right? ;-)

master maste

Reaction score
how about a tower that can move. . . a moving tower bet you neva seen that.

or a tower that when it attacks a unit it has a chance (maybe) that teleports a unit say a certain amount backwards (giving you more time to kill it)
or it could teleport to another type of tower. . .

or what about a tower that throws a unit in the air. . . wait i think i may have seen that earlier, sorry if i took your idea :nuts:

thats me for the moment.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Anything. said:
If you want to be unique, then you should make a TD with fog so you can't see leaks :D

And besides, why wouldn't you need an Invisible-detecting Tower? What if a swarm of Invisible units come through? Then it's game over. Duh. Smart, aren't you? I never said Invisible Tower, I said that it reveals invisible :mad:
you also said reveals map, i didnt say that the show invisble units was a bad thing. oh yea gl on you map

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
This is a really good tower idea:
The tricky tower-very weak attack, but possesses a unique ability that massive teleports enemies a few yards back (shouldn't work with bosses, though).
RESULT:Because of that spell, you have many benefits, such as:Imagine a horde of enemies is about to enter ur center point (which must be protected) and you teleport them back to ur towers and slaughter them (should make it hard to build though, like it should be expensive)
P.S: if u have seen this kind of tower elsewhere, sry but I haven't seen such a one...
I still think this type of tower is most useful...
-Fake tower: another tricky tower by me
This tower is the cheapest probably in the game, 'coz it's fake (it doesn't attack) but has this advantage: It's scaling value should be around 5.00, so that it could be big...and enemies every a few seconds get immobilized on its sight...good? (the bad thing, though, is that it's big and gets space, but worths it)

wonderpriest

Reaction score
master maste said:
how about a tower that can move. . . a moving tower bet you neva seen that.
Ancient Protector :eek:

How about a tower that does nothing but leak out vines that entangle units. But some other towers when they attacked the entangled guys would un-entangle them (fire tower or something).

And towers that have time-of-day specific powers. Attack at night, defense at day, something like that.

Drazalon

Reaction score
+Rep

good job guys +rep every post containning tower ideas (dont spam plz)
for the triggers i realized that some abilities i never heard of in RoC and are only in TfT. Well is there a way to customly create an ability in RoC like a trigger to do so?

-Priest wow i wouldnt of thought of that! maybe the tower's attack in increased by 15% at night and during day its decreased 15%.

Reaction score
Here I go...
Randomized Tower: It's attack speed increases and decreases randomly.
Bloodlusting Tower: Every time it kills a unit it receives a tremendous attack speed bonus.
Phoenix Tower: High attack output, but every time it attacks it takes damage. When it dies it will reincarnate after a small time.
Gambling Tower: Deals a very random damage. The attack damage can go negative, too (not sure if that's possible).
Thats all for now :)

Drazalon

Reaction score
+rep/ Help

very unique towers =]
One question, how do i make a trigger that randomly attacks from -100 to 100. I havnt quite got the trigger idea of how to make things random =/ can you teach me how or someone?

Reaction score
Here are some more:
Anti-Mass Tower: Receives bonus attack speed for every runner near in its attack range.
Necromancer Tower: Summons minions from corpses. You could also change it that it makes corpses explode, dealing damage (summons a unit with permanent immolination for a very short time).
Devour Tower: Self-explaining. Autocasting.
Hero Tower: It's a hero! Eeek! You could add multiple of these.
Timebomb "Tower": After its summoned, it takes some time to explode, dealing great damage. Must be placed on the path the runners are going. This one needs skill to use.
Factory Tower: Creates mini-towers around it every now and then. The mini-towers (and the factory) die after some time.
Thats all for now :)

Drazalon

Reaction score
yea... that ganna be a problem. =/ I have a bomb already but i tried to make a Bomb Tower but my map is a TD as in the paths are unbuildable =[ So now what? I just simply well made it so that the Builder could buy 3 charges of Mines for 40 g. Unless u got a better idea

Drazalon

Reaction score
Advice/ More Ideas?

BUMP ONE

Anymore tower ideas out there? im sure theres more =D Also i need feedback, should i make towers upgrade just the same name but different stats (look at Ex 1)? or make the upgrades different types? (Look at Ex 2)

Ex1.

Holy Tower Lv. 1
Attack 40-45
Attack Speed 1.3

===Upgrades Into===

Holy Tower Lv. 2
Attack 50-55
Attack Speed 1.5

Ex 2.

Speed Tower Lv. 5
Attack Damage- 10-10
Attack Speed- .5

===Upgrades Into===

Fire Tower Lv. 1 (or Water Tower Lv.1)
Attack Damage- 10-20
Attack Speed- .55

-----============Advice would be appreciated ============-----​

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.