Tower Ideas?

Drazalon

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tower ideas for my TD? I only have a few... and what should they upgrade to? give me all info i need to know such as what ability, atk damage, atk speed etc. Also any TD ideas?

My Tower Ideas
Tower Ideas...
lightning tower
speed tower
slow poison tower
holy tower
Ice Tower
Dark Tower
Fire Tower
Bash Tower
Flame Thrower Tower
Cannon Tower
Missle Tower

The Rat's Tower Ideas
Moon Glaive tower
-Gold tower
-Teleport tower
-Tower with insane attack cooldown, but also with insane attack/splash damage
-A living tower that gains experience/gets stronger from kills
-a One Hit Pony that is cheap/kills a target instantly, but is destroyed after 1 use.
-A tower that starts with high attack but reduces in damage the more it attacks, then blows up

Anything.'s Tower Ideas
-Transmutation Tower
-Exploding Tower
-Barrage Tower
-Drain Tower
-Volcano Tower
-Cactus Tower
-Shockwave Tower
-Entangle Tower

My TD Ideas...
buying lives
lives set to- 100

willing to add rep per submit

=====================Adding other tower ideas=====================​

TheRat

Reaction score
-Moon Glaive tower (bounce attack)
-Tower with insane attack cooldown, but also with insane attack/splash damage
-Gold tower---low attack, but extra gold if it kills something
-Teleport tower--- can be controlled to cast a spell to move a group of creeps from one point to another
-A living tower that gains experience/gets stronger from kills
-a One Hit Pony that is cheap/kills a target instantly, but is destroyed after 1 use.
-A tower that starts with high attack but reduces in damage the more it attacks, then blows up
-A tower that casts slow? lol you probably already have that.

Drazalon

Reaction score
all good tower ideas =] although i have tried to attempt to make a tower with the bounce attack but i forgot how to make it have such ability... and im having problems with my bash and lighning tower.....

the bash tower has the ability to bash an enemy which is a 1.5 second delay for the spawn.
the lightning tower in the other hand has the ability of chain lightning which is casted everytime it attacks but the tower has a 2.2 second cool down

anyone know how to fix this? if ur using TFT triggers plz post it in JASS form ty =]

TheRat

Reaction score
i dont know about bash or lightning, but to use a bounce-attack set the missle as Missle-bounce (like a huntress) and increase the maximum amount of targets to whatever number you want.

Anything.

Reaction score
Transmutation Tower - Casts transmute on enemies, high cooldown, high cost.
Exploding Tower - Invisible, can be walked over, explodes on contact.
Barrage Tower - Pretty basic.
Drain Tower - Casts Unholy Frenzy on targets.
Volcano Tower - Randomly shoots volcano rocks, not targeting anything. Can kill towers ;) Liquid Fire ability.
Cactus Tower - Probably not a good idea, but casts Taunt and has thorns ;)
Shockwave Tower - Pretty much overdone... But good.
Entangle Tower - Entangles enemies to do damage, etc.

I hope these help :)

Current:
[Hesperia] Necromancy ORPG - (click here)
Evasion of Exodus - coming soon

Drazalon

Reaction score
another good set of towers to add to my map =] +rep to both of u....

ume to make them have ability for RoC how can i do it?

I think its like this...
Code:
Event- A unit owned by (spawn player) is attacked

Condition- unit type of attacking unit is equal to Lightning Tower

Action- Order attacking unit to cast Chain Lightning on attacked unit

The action is a tft trigger im sure of that but if anyone is willing to convert it to JASS i would happily appreciate it =] (plz let me know if this trigger is incorrect so i can correct the mistakes, even if theres leaks)

Can anyone help me on this one?!

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
Using ROC though? That makes it alot tougher for some of the higher stuff.

I personally would like to see more towers with Mana using spells on them.

This would be ideal in the type of TDs where its not about making a maze, but moreso about a dozen or less towers. Of course all mana consuming abilities would need long cooldowns just so you arent going insane juggling them all quickly.

It would make TDs more interactive, right now most TDs are slap down X towers, make X upgrades, watch X units die. You could add a whole new dimension with this.

Some ideas.

Channel AOE spells. Like Rain of Fire, Death and Decay and such from towers.
Multitarget spells, like fan of blades, lighting spray.
Special effect spells, like a time effect tower, slows all hostile units in a region down by X%.
In fact, so many spells, I am not going to sit here all day typing them out, just look in the object editor for abilities.

Also with abilities, you can have things like towers that move, the Root (Ancients) ability will allow you to move towers.

Drazalon

Reaction score
uh huh... ic very effective this post can be +rep for opening my mind and showing what i can do with each tower and what not... i like that idea of a tower slowing down a group of spawns in a certain region by x%

W

Wyvernoid

What about....
Push-back Tower: Pushes the running monster backwards
Black-Arrow Tower: Obvious.
Mind-Control Tower: Temporarily possesses a monster
currently no other can be thought out, but more to come...

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Chain lightning tower: upgrade of the lightning tower but has a small chance to do a chain lightning attack.
air tower: can attack both air and ground but does massive damage to air and little to ground
ground tower: opposite to air tower.

i dont play tds much but i like to help. unfortunealty i am tired and i have one thing on my mind, bed

Drazalon

Reaction score
good i deas +rep Wyvernoid for tower submits and +rep to undeadorcjer for trying... but although... the chain lightning tower i already thought of before this post =/ just named Lightning tower although... and the Arrow Black tower is the Dark tower which i though of before this post as well... keep up the good work guys. im surely going to have many towers for my TD =]

but how can i make the push-back tower? should i make a trigger for that? cuz i only have RoC and well u can convert the TFT triggers (if it using any tft triggers) and ill take that Jass format to use it for RoC. Also how do i make that mind controll ability? i dont think there is such ability for RoC sadly =[

H

herra-sika

hexing tower: casts hex when attack (doh)
earth quake tower: casts earth quake that does damage and slows
sorceress tower: teleports unit instantly back to start (very long cooldown time)
wizard tower: casts random spell (from 10 evil spells like slow) to target
orc burrow: ground only with barrage to 9 units and small range

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Control magic ? Or with triggers change owner uf unit to player, etc.
Vault tower- gives nearby towers change to get with each kill bonus gold ( it should be small %) Has ability throw gold ( with each upgrade can throw more gould out [ targetable, good for killing bosses coz doing trigger dmg = no handcap]). Has avarage dmg, like kills mobs.

Anything.

Reaction score
Sooda said:
Control magic ? Or with triggers change owner uf unit to player, etc.
Vault tower- gives nearby towers change to get with each kill bonus gold ( it should be small %) Has ability throw gold ( with each upgrade can throw more gould out [ targetable, good for killing bosses coz doing trigger dmg = no handcap]). Has avarage dmg, like kills mobs.
Control Magic doesn't exist in RoC - Control Magic is a Spell Breaker ability! Think! And why not make Vault Tower upgraded from Gold Tower, ;) similar effects - one is weaker, but more widespread :)

Sheep Tower - Makes funny sounds every few seconds.
Black Sheep Wall (Starcraft) - Doesn't attack, reveals invisible units and large map area.
Seer of the Dead (ISEEDEADPEOPLE) - Upgrades from Black Sheep Wall :shades:
Machinegunner - Goes peW p3w, and t3h cr3epz0rz DIE!!

W

Wyvernoid

Bunches of Aura Tower xD
Damage-Over-Time Aura, Slow Aura(These two based on Unholy Aura)
Command Aura, Slow Aura, Endurance Aura(Enhance Attack Speed), Armor-Decreasing Aura, EVEN CRITICAL STRIKE AURA ^^

And-- Faerie Fire Tower, Lightning shield Tower, Cyclone Tower...

The names were all obvious. You can think of some better names.

A special one:
Moonstone Tower - has a looooooong cooldown moonstone ability, and when cast all monster fall asleep, then who attacked who go ^^

F

Furion

Holy Tower - If you have units, this could heal them.
-Armour Tower
Outpost Tower - If you have the fog enabled, this could increase your visibility.
Moving Tower - A tower that can move.
Health Drain Tower - Drains Health, Converts 1% of it to gold

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
This is a really good tower idea:
The tricky tower-very weak attack, but possesses a unique ability that massive teleports enemies a few yards back (shouldn't work with bosses, though).
RESULT:Because of that spell, you have many benefits, such as:Imagine a horde of enemies is about to enter ur center point (which must be protected) and you teleport them back to ur towers and slaughter them (should make it hard to build though, like it should be expensive)
P.S: if u have seen this kind of tower elsewhere, sry but I haven't seen such a one...

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
Ensnare Tower- Attack does no damage, but make a simple trigger like so:
Code:
Event- A unit attacks a unit
Conditions- Unit-type of attacking unit is = to Ensnare Tower
Actions- Set <attacked unit> to <some variable>
   Add Ensnare to <attacking unit>
   Order <attacking unit> to cast Ensnare on <attacked unit's variable>
   Remove Ensnare from <attacking unit>
Should have a slow attack. Also, there should be no projectile.
------------------
Cripple Tower- Similar, but goes about differently.
Code:
Event- A unit attacks a unit
Conditions- Unit-type of attacking unit is = to Cripple Tower
Actions- Set <attacked unit> to <a unit variable variable>
   Create <a dummy> at position of <attacked unit's variable>
   Set <another unit variable> = to <last created unit>
   Add Cripple to <dummy's variable>
   Order <dummy's variable> to cast Cripple on <attacked unit's variable>
   Remove <dummy's variable> from the game
This one should have a projectile, but still slow attack.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Anything. said:
Black Sheep Wall (Starcraft) - Doesn't attack, reveals invisible units and large map area.
Seer of the Dead (ISEEDEADPEOPLE) - Upgrades from Black Sheep Wall

in td's(that i have played) the enitre map is visible, the people cant see invisible units so y wold they need a tower that doesnt attack and lets you see something you can already see.

Anything.

Reaction score
undeadorcjer said:
in td's(that i have played) the enitre map is visible, the people cant see invisible units so y wold they need a tower that doesnt attack and lets you see something you can already see.
If you want to be unique, then you should make a TD with fog so you can't see leaks :D

And besides, why wouldn't you need an Invisible-detecting Tower? What if a swarm of Invisible units come through? Then it's game over. Duh. Smart, aren't you? I never said Invisible Tower, I said that it reveals invisible :mad:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.