Transfer locals between functions

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
CreateUnitAtLoc is does not set LastCreatedUnit. Try this instead:
Code:
set udg_Dinosaur[a] = call CreateUnitAtLoc(Player(14),'nstw',point2[A],facing[A])

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
Thx for helping :p
just remove this 'call' out of the line
now it seem to be better a few more stuff i need to fix i will get on them later.

but i still got problem with this Day Time Scale:
also another question on the way:
call SetTimeOfDayScalePercentBJ(0)
care to explain how it works?
it moves my time like crazy when i used "call SetTimeOfDayScale(0)" and i when i used the above action it still moves while it's supposed to be stopped......

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
It should increase and decrease the day/night time based on percentage values. If you wan't to stop the time of day/night use SuspendTimeOfDay(true).

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
k if that's the only way i will use globals....
anyway thx for any1 for helping or trying to help +Rep to All :D (im in a good mood)

Btw: Tom u forgot to remove the Temp Point ;)

That's not the only way... I stated the other way! :p

Anyways, if you mean a simple way, you got it :eek:

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since you solved your problem this post has nothing to do with the problem, but just a comment :p

Handle Vars are complicated, for one, but they are still very useful. You can do many things with them, and that's why I would recommend you to learn how they work. There are many tutorials around the site I linked that explain how to deal with them, and I'm sure you can understand them :)

Just an example is making MUI spells that have effects going on over time.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
In my opinion, as soon as you start learning jass, you should start learning local handle systems as well. Jass is a very limited language without them. Daelin made a very very excellent tutorial about the subject, I believe it's named Advanced Jass Tips, KaTTaNa has a little here: http://www.wc3jass.com/viewtopic.php?t=2006, and I also mention it in my MUI tutorial at the very buttom, however it's only to explain how they work, not how to work with them. Basically the easiest way to learn the local handle systems, is to understand what they do, and then toy around with them. Also have a look at how other people uses the system, etc. in the spells section.

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
Kattena's is not much of a tutorial i hardly figured anything from that

and i think i will try to understand Daelin's tut

thx for giving me ur suggestions anyway :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.