Trees need "unlimited" wood

StRoNgFoE.

Reaction score
Hello,

I am working on a project, and I thought it would be cool (and also heard suggestions saying it would be a lot better), if all trees carried approximately 5,000 wood; instead of the average 200 or so.

Could anyone tell me how to do this? All help is much appreciated. Thank you!

StRoNgFoE.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
The amount of lumber in a tree is equal to its hitpoints. Increase these and the trees will have more resources.
However, unlimited amounts of lumber are impossible.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
You could have the trees be replaced instantly as they die, just a thought.
It would have to be instantly replaced else you might have unit get stuck in the trees and then they would have to get out again, which would be a pain.

Having a tree with 10 000 - 100 000 hp seems like unlimited resource. I don't think one could harvest more than that in a game but who knows, and ofcourse that would be each individual one

Smitty

Reaction score
It would be worth having a trigger which detects a tree dying and immediately creates another one in its place though I think, if it's important, just in case.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
perhaps it detect if a tree dies and only regrows it when no units are in range? or maybe have trees grow in a region or something but it seems like excessive work :/

Smitty

Reaction score
Not that much, would only be a simple trigger with 1 event, maybe 2-3 conditions and a straightforward action, take maybe 60 seconds to make :) Although it depends of course in the actual map as to whether this would be needed at all.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Exactly, we just spit-balling here but making a trigger for something that 1 field in the object editor could solve seems unnecessary. Not shooting you down though, your idea has its uses. I used a similar process in another map where trees were continually destroyed via explosions and then respawned after time

Smitty

Reaction score
I agree, it just depends how much lumber he's gonna be harvesting. No harm in being overcareful :)

StRoNgFoE.

Reaction score
Thank you, guys! I have taken both ideas (which are greatly appreciated, thank you)! and made a trigger for each.

For all those who are interested in unlimited wood, here are your triggers for future reference:

Code:
Increased Hit Points
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (Destructible - Set life of (Picked destructible) to 10000.00)

Code:
Extend wood life
    Events
        Destructible - A destructible within (Entire map) dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Destructible-type of (Dying destructible)) Equal to Summer Tree Wall
            Then - Actions
                Destructible - Resurrect (Dying destructible) with (Max life of (Dying destructible)) life and Show birth animation
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing

Thanks again!

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Looks good, but just remove the "Do Nothing" action in the last trigger as "Do Nothing" is actually doing something so just leave it blank

Smitty

Reaction score
You don't really need to use that if/then/else in the second trigger, you could just use a regular condition, but that's just me being picky, cos I try to keep my triggers simple. Does exactly the same thing :)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.