Trigger Questions

RoarMan

Reaction score
So I'm trying to make a spell where a caster casts a spell, a Dummy unit with a visible unit is made, who has Phoenix Fire and stays on top of the caster at all time. I gave it a min and max height to make it fly, that wasn' the problem, but it seems to trail behind the caster instead of being above him.

So how do I can I make the Dummy unit fly above the caster? This is my trigger atm.
Trigger:
  • Manifestation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Manifestation
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Point1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Bloodthirst for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Temp_Point1 facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a (10.00 + (Real((Level of Hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Last created unit)))])))) second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Right-Click Hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Last created unit)))]
      • EGUI Leak - Remove Temp_Point1

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
There is a constant which defines the "follow distance". If you click with a normal soldier on a normal other unit they will also stay in some distance to each other.

You could either modify this constant (but this will have an effect on the gameplay) or you just peridically set the position of your dummy to the pos of the caster.

RoarMan

Reaction score
There is a constant which defines the "follow distance". If you click with a normal soldier on a normal other unit they will also stay in some distance to each other.

You could either modify this constant (but this will have an effect on the gameplay) or you just peridically set the position of your dummy to the pos of the caster.
Ah I see. At first I thought acquisition range was the value that defined follow. I guess I'll trigger the position thing than. Thanks for answering my question.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.