Trigger that makes unit move and deal damage while moving

Nathan0093

Reaction score
I want to make the dummy deal x damage while passing through enemy units in this trigger, but I don't know how to. Help?
Code:
Tiger Rage
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Tigerian Blademaster
        ((Attacking unit) has buff Tiger Rage ) Equal to True
    Actions
        Set TigerPosition = (Position of (Attacking unit))
        Unit - Create 1 Airwave for (Owner of Tiger) at (TigerPosition offset by 30.00 towards (Facing of (Attacking unit)) degrees) facing (Facing of Tiger) degrees
        Set Dummy = (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order Dummy to Move To ((Position of (Attacking unit)) offset by 600.00 towards (Facing of (Attacking unit)) degrees)
        Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to Dummy
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_TigerPosition)

THE_X

Reaction score
wait so you want a dummy to damage a unit if it passes through the tigeran blademaster? like weavers ablity in dota sorta?

Nathan0093

Reaction score
Yes. Im making an ability called "Tiger Rage". When activated, it lasts for 10 seconds and causes the hero's attacks to generate airwaves that deal damage as they go through enemies. There is no problem with the trigger except that i didnt include the damage dealing part yet. Thats what i need help with.

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Maybe every 0.01 seconds or something, pick every one of the Airwave dummy and cause it to damage all units around it that arent in a unit group. Then add all units to a unit group so they arent damaged twice. Or maybe you could just make a dummy unit cast shockwave every time the unit attacks.

Nathan0093

Reaction score
I tried making a dummy that casts shockwave but that one isnt as accurate and the projectile is too small.

THE_X

Reaction score
Code:
Crystalize
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Tigeran Blademaster
         Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                And - All (Conditions) are true
                    Conditions
                        (Level of (YOUR ABLITY)  for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Animation - Play (Attacking unit)'s spell animation
                                        Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Attacking unit))
                        Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at Temp_Point facing 240 degrees
                        Unit - Add shockwave  to (Last created unit)
                        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Taurn Cheiftan - Shockwave ((Position of (Attacked unit)) offset by 10.00 towards (distnace between attacking unit and attacked unit)) degrees)
                        Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                        Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)

Nathan0093

Reaction score
^ I knew how to make a dummy unit casts shockwave. I just didnt like the method because the shockwave doesnt come straight out in front of the hero plus the projectile is too small. Thanks for trying anyway.

THE_X

Reaction score
you could do a dummy shockwave like creat a unit and slide it to a positon and add an event, a unit comes within 300 of your dummy unit it takes so much damage.

Nathan0093

Reaction score
That's what I need help with. I dont know how to do that. Also, how do i add detection? I want the shockwave to come out only when the hero actually landed a hit on the target.

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Theres some damage detection tutorial somewhere on the site.

Darox

Reaction score
Give the dummy immolation or Phoenix fire maybe?

For phoenix fire, you want an insanely fast projectile, a very fast cooldown (0.1s would work), and a duration of about a second.

Oh and, short range so it only hits units under the projectile.

Immolation would also work, but it could hit the same unit multiple times.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
He wants an ability like shockwave, well the projectile is too small, because your dummy unit is too small, make your dummy unit's transparency to 100%, but keep the model, except it has to have locust, there you have it, take out the shadow, then you can keep the normal size of the projectile.

Off Topic: Holy Mother of God! I just got 10 +Rep in one day, great people, thanks all, I will spread my +Rep today!!!

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
No problem, I was going to give you +Rep a while ago, but it said I've given too much +Rep in the past 24 hours.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.