Triggered Damage to Destructables

The Arcot

Reaction score
Hullo there everyone.

I am currently making a dungeon-crawler map, and have run into a small issue regarding EXPLOSIONS.

More specifically, the doodad, Barrel of Explosives. I have set up a system in which destroying one of these will actually deal damage to any nearby units. However, I just found out that the trigger will not deal damage to other doodads nearby (not blowing up other nearby barrels of explosives). I need to know how to cause this trigger to also damage nearby doodads.

The trigger I used is as follows:

Code:
[B]Events[/B]
Destructible - A destructible within [*region*] dies.
[B]Conditions[/B]
(Destructible-type of (Dying Destructible)) Equal to Barrel of Explosives.
[B]Actions[/B]
Unit - Cause Trap 0000 <gen> to damage circular area after 0.01 seconds of radius 250.00 at (Position of (Dying Destructible)), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Chaos and of damage type Fire.

As you can see, it's not a particularly complicated trigger. [*region*] refers to one of the multiple regions in which the barrels are found (there are multiple triggers, because "a destructible within x dies" only detects 64 destructables).
Trap 0000 <gen> is a 'dummy' unit which deals all triggered trap damage.

Any help would be much appreciated. :D

Yoshii

Reaction score
as you found out the that trigger will not work as it affect unit only and doodad are not unit.
What you can do is have the pick every destructible of type of barrel in a range and have the game destroy them via destructible-kill

The Arcot

Reaction score
That seems like a lot of work for such a simple task. The reason I ask is because the trigger is supposed to --or at least says it is supposed to-- deal damage in an area. It doesn't say anywhere that it deals damage specifically to units.

Are you sure there is not an easier way?

Yoshii

Reaction score
That seems like a lot of work for such a simple task. The reason I ask is because the trigger is supposed to --or at least says it is supposed to-- deal damage in an area. It doesn't say anywhere that it deals damage specifically to units.

I would be pretty surprised if someone comes up with an easier answer let alone a different one.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Do what Yoshii said. Store all units in a unit group and damage them. As for doodads, you'd have destroy it by using the "Unit - Kill" trigger.

Reaction score

Yoshii's solution is just one line of code and it actually takes less arguments than the one you wanted to use. :thup:

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Maybe create a dummy unit with kaboom and order it to kaboom the other barrel?

The Arcot

Reaction score
Oh, I see. Sorry, I read your suggestion wrong. I modified it a bit to simulate damage (current life - 50) instead of kill, so as not to destroy more powerful things such as gates, but yes, it works now. Thanks muchly!
+rep

Yoshii

Reaction score
Oh, I see. Sorry, I read your suggestion wrong. I modified it a bit to simulate damage (current life - 50) instead of kill, so as not to destroy more powerful things such as gates, but yes, it works now. Thanks muchly!
+rep
you could make a condition to only destroy destructible of type barrel of explosive instead of picking EVERY doodad

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You can Kaboom Doodads, for an example try the founding of durotar mine level. Even if you can't, just change the targets for kaboom to inlude trees, decoration ect.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.