Triggered Spells, Can Someone Give Me Some Info?

RoarMan

Reaction score
So I've been using "A unit Begins casting an Ability," for almost all of my spells since I'm not too clear on what the other ones such as "Begins the effect of an ability" and etc does. If someone could point me to a post/thread or elaberate on spell Events in triggers, that'd be great.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Starts the effect of an ability happens as soon as the spell begins starts its effect. Begins casting happens just before, and you can spam the Stop button to have the trigger still go off, but keep the mana and cooldown. The Begins casting event is useful for triggering an error message and stopping a unit from actually using the ability.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
A Unit Begins Casting an Ability activates when the unit is prepared to cast the ability, just before the cooldown and mana cost. This kind of event can easily be abused by clicking the spell and then giving the caster another order simultaneously.

An Unit Starts the Effect of an Ability activates when the cooldown is fired and the mana is wasted when casting the spell. This is the appropriate event for most spells.

Finishes Casting An Ability/Stops Casting an Ability fires when the caster stops casting/channeling a spell.

Please Read:
Event / Condition / Action Explanations
Basics of Trigger Enhancing Spells

EDIT: whoa! Fast...But I've started typing at 7:02. Nevermind... Please read the above links to get more detailed information about making triggered spells.

-- Umaku iku you ni | jonadrian619 --​

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.