Triggering abilities in cinematics

YaY_simulato

Reaction score
Hey, i got my cinematic kind of working.. Now it has picture, but still needs fixing and stuff ^^

I got couple of abilities that should be used in the cinematic, i have made these abilities from hero spells, but i turned them to be standard unit abilities.

I made a storm bolt, it works fine.

War Stomp (made from tauren chieftains) aint working =/ Could this be becouse theres 2 war stomp spells in Orc - Hero folder?

Animate Dead (from death knights) aint working either =/

Shockwave (done from tauren chieftains, but theres 2 of these aswell in the Orc - Hero folder)

I have used Unit - Order issued unit to <spell here from the list> at point or unit or overall (like casting warstomp). But nothing happens :( The hero wont cast the spell, thou i have added these spells to the hero which should use them.

The hero is created by a certain trigger before the cinematic begins.

What should i do to fix my problem, any ideas?

(Im thinking of making the spells hero abilities again and setting them to the hero via triggers, im not sure about this thou..)

Nexor

Reaction score
check mana cost, cd and so on,
and use order unit with no target to use war stomp/animate dead
if it wont work, try the other order, or simply converty it to JASS and type the order Id of the spell you are using

YaY_simulato

Reaction score
The spells dont have any mana cost nor CDs, and i have used the no point trigger for war stomp and animate dead..

Neither i have no idea how to make that in jass :s I dont know even how to get coding jass :S

Razed

Reaction score
Perhaps post your triggers (and screenshot the heroes who have those abilities).

YaY_simulato

Reaction score
Why i didnt post em in the first place... Stupid me :eek:

Here:

Code:
Camera 1
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Sound - Play IllidansTheme <gen>
        Camera - Apply Camera 001 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 2.00 seconds
        Wait 3.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from PlagueLord named Narta'zhim: Play No sound and display Ah, at last we meet....  Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Hero named Lightbringer: Play No sound and display Who are you?!.  Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from PlagueLord named Narta'zhim: Play No sound and display Im the one who is b....  Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Hero named Lightbringer: Play No sound and display No! That is a horri....  Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
        Unit Group - Order CinematicGroup to Attack PlagueLord
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from PlagueLord named Narta'zhim: Play No sound and display HAH! Pathetic!.  Modify duration: Subtract 3.50 seconds and Wait
        Unit - Order PlagueLord to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Unit - Order PlagueLord to Undead Death Knight - Animate Dead
        Wait 0.75 seconds
        Trigger - Run Camera 2 <gen> (ignoring conditions)

Code:
Camera 2
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Camera - Apply Camera 002 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 2.00 seconds
        Wait 2.25 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Hero named Lightbringer: Play No sound and display NO! YOU MONSTER!.  Modify duration: Subtract 3.00 seconds and Wait
        Unit - Order Hero to Attack Once PlagueLord
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Unit - Order PlagueLord to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt Hero
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from PlagueLord named Narta'zhim: Play No sound and display Not quiet yet my fr....  Modify duration: Subtract 1.00 seconds and Wait
        Trigger - Run Camera 3 <gen> (ignoring conditions)

Code:
Camera 3
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Camera - Apply Camera 003 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 2.00 seconds
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Unit - Make PlagueLord face (Center of Cinematic Trees Die <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Unit - Order PlagueLord to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (Center of Cinematic Trees Die <gen>)
        Wait 0.75 seconds
        Unit - Order PlagueLord to Move To (Center of Boat <gen>)
        Trigger - Run Escape Cinematic <gen> (ignoring conditions)

All the triggers are run by a previous one. Thats why theres no events. :)

And heres the screenshot of the hero with its abilities. (I create the hero for the cinematic via triggers)
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3127/plaguelordck2.jpg

I made some tests, it seemed that the hero had neutral hostile abilities, dont know why, but i changed em tryed to see the cinematic.. now it should cast warstomp, it does shockwave o_O And it should happen in the 3rd trigger.. Realy wierd

Razed

Reaction score
Try to re-create the spells, and base them off 'Race' skills instead of those of Neutral Hostile. It may work.

YaY_simulato

Reaction score
I have based them off race skills, i just turned them into unit abilities, not hero...

I guess ill try to make them as hero abilities then and so on =/

EDIT:
I got my cinematic wrong, it seems that the ability paths were totaly messed up, dont know why :eek:
I'll try to +rep all you if i can :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.