*Tropical Tag*

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score

Map Overview:

A revolutionary Tag game that seeks to set a new standard for the genre. Adds many new dynamics not found in any other Tag, and eliminates a plethora of problems found in almost all others. This map has been worked on extensivly by a number of people since November 2005. Tropical Tag is a variation of Sheep Tag. The basic hunters hunt down prey concept is maintained. The differences are seen in the variety of things that the Fish and Naga are able to do or build. Different environments also play a major role in this deviation. Tropical Tag is more complex then Sheep Tag which helps to preserve its lasting appeal.

Features:

-Pick from one of six Fish or four Naga.
-Each custom unit has their own unique abilities and characteristics.
-A beautiful terrain enchances the gameplay experience.
-No memory leaks, this map will not build up lag as you play.
-JASS enchanced spells add to the uniqueness of abilities.
-A host of common Tag problems fixed. This includes boring hunters, abusable farm locations, lack of lasting appeal and many others.
-A very polished map. You will not find tooltip errors or hotkey conflicts here.
-The game has gone through several months of balancing, and at this point is mostly balanced.
-A large tech tree for Fish buildings. With extensive upgrades for a variety of base farms, you have several different paths you can take when building.
-The Fish have access to many different items via a buildable item shop which yeilds yet another element to Fish gameplay.
-The Naga also have access to their own item shop. Unlike other tags, the items available to the Naga are quite fun (Blink, Fish Hook, Stasis Traps etc.)
-Custom fog, water color, ambient sounds, shadows and critters enhance gaming environment
-The environment is supported by periodic random weather effects.
-There is now a greater importance to dying/saving for Fish which has been influenced by punishment and rewards.
-Has been updated since November 2005 and will continue to be until completion.

Credits:

-Thanks to Tarano for quality initial trigger work and helping me get this project off the ground.
-Thanks to Jimpy for amazing terrain work. This map could not have gotten nearly this far without you.
-Thanks to emjlr3 for a lot of trigger help. A good deal of things in this map wouldn't be here or be as good without your help.
-Thanks to Darkbuddha and Eldorquo for providing many suggestions for new content and balance. Your help in testing was very beneficial as well.
-Thanks to the members of TheHelper.net for providing feedback and various help throughout the map update process.

Pictures:

Download Here: Check out the custom maps submission page

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Gotta be some of the best terraining I have ever seen. Good job.

G

GekkoA

the terraining is prety good.. better than most of the stuff ll find around here.

a lot of waterfalls seem to come out of frikin nowhere. id fix that if i were u

lol and u actuall finished this huh?

i remember making u a unit revival-item save system for this map on my ooold account lol

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score

-Map size reduced
-Saving now teleports Saver and Saved to random location
-Added Unstuck
-Added tips
-Redid a few icons
-Fixed a few flag bugs, added -locate, redid coin and flag mode
-Nerfed spear more, Buffed AoE of Debris Uproar
-Nerfed frog more, buffed Sea Dragon and Crab
-Fixed a few more terrain issues
-Removed ping from gold banks
-Reduced CD on naga tracer
-Stasis Buffed Slightly
-Nerfed cloak of flames
-Net gives target immunity to spell damage
-Fixed Icy Waves, Fixed stun immunity Yin/Yang bug
-Added land mines for Fish Item
-Flame Staff replaces Elvenmail for Naga
-Flame Strike added to wisps
-Added CD to Clear View/Witch's Gaze
-Murloc Buffed, Research Center cost reduced

Y

YosLin

I played this map just now after dling and it was awsome
i love the sounds it had :D
only bad part is that everyone tends to pick the frog only had one snap dragon and all others frogs ;)

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Version 2.7 is coming out soon. It will feature new terrain, new Fish, new Naga, new game modes and a lot of balance and bug fixes.

lllidan

Reaction score
A new verison calls for a new image! Only if you want though, of course. Personally, I like the second one better. :)

KCH%20Sarawak%20-%20Bako%20National%20Park%20-%20Tropical%20rainforest2%201_b.jpg

Tropical-Beach--C10084372.jpeg

Hegemuffin

Reaction score
My name is The Hegemuffin and I endorse this product.

*applies The Hegemuffin's seal of approval*

:D

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score

-New Loadscreen and Minimap image
-New Fish and Naga, Murloc redone
-Various tweaks to Fish
-Lots of rebalances to Naga
-Lots of optimizing of triggers
-Reduced map size by a good amount
-Various item tweaks
-Gold Bank system redone
-New game modes and reworking of Flag mode
-Destroy added to Sentry Wards and Land Mines
-Changed Yin/Yang into Lord of the Seas
-Balanced some structure statistics, Marketplace down to 250
-Naga XP handeling changed
-All offensive Naga spells give XP to caster now
-Various other bug fixes
-Minor terrain modifcations
-Tracer now FOLLOWS Fish
-Redid Flame Staff into Pathing Staff (check it out!)

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
2.7b

-Voodoo nerfed
-Naga XP handeling tweaked
-Murloc skills reworked a little
-Game starts at noon
-Guardian mode bug fixed, Aura buffed
-Singularity casting range to 500
-Debris Uproar rebalanced
-Mines HP to 300
-Invisible buildings sound fixed
-Aura horn mana regen buffed
-Command/Fervor Auras more expensive (750 to 1000)
-Stun and Feedback towers rebalanced (nerfed)
-Ensnare bug fixed
-Various other Fish and Item balances
-Short mode now gives only 1000 gold to Fish
-Weather bug fixed, wind added
-Anti spawn kill added
-Tidal Wave, Galick Gun buffed
-Stasis Trapped reworked slightly

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score

It is coming along nicely. Should be out within a week. Features:

-New Terrain
-New game mode (Chaos)
-Lots of balance changes
-Other things you will enjoy ;).

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Update:

There will be 2 new Fish replacing Frog and Crab. Also, map size reduced by about 150 kb!

Release within a few days. It will be big!

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
Downloaded

I've downloaded it and the map looks really great :p

Im on Lordaeron server and I'll start hosting it.

Really great job! :)

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Heavy-Gear said:
I've downloaded it and the map looks really great :p

Im on Lordaeron server and I'll start hosting it.

Really great job! :)

Thanks

Glad to hear you will start hosting it. There are a variety of Gn's that have seemed to work for me:

Fish Tag! New and Fun! Join!
>>>TROPICAL TAG<<<
Tropical Tag! Fun! Join Fast!

Of course you can come up with your own hosting gn's.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.