Turning upgrades into hero abilities?

M

Malevo

I'm working on a necromancer hero that summons ghouls and skeletons. I plan to give each type of skeleton/ghoul their own special ability, but I don't want them to start out with those abilities. I know how to make these abilities into upgrades from buildings, but I want them to be a hero ability. Basically, I want the hero to have to use their hero points to upgrade those units.

I suggest you specify your post a little, I atleast could not figure out what you wanted done by reading that post:eek:
I suggest you use the enter key a little:D

Code:
Summon Mastery
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Summon Mastery 
    Actions
        Player - Set the current research level of *Your Upgrade That Effects The Summonables*  to (Level of Summon Mastery  for (Triggering unit)) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))

I think what he's saying is that he wants you to have to research the abilities so your hero can learn them.

Ah well in that case maybe you could do an integer comparison when the spell is cast and if the "research skill ability" is > 0 add some abilities to summoned unit.

Freehand since I closed the world editor but....

event
unit finishes casting a spell
conditions
ability being cast equal to summon ghoul
actions
if level of "ghoul power" for triggering unit is greater than 0 then add Ghoul Power to summoned unit else do nothing

Hmm, let me try that again. o_O

Currently I know how to use upgrades to enable an ability on a summoned skeleton.

What I want to do is turn the upgrade into a hero ability. This way the hero has to use the points they gain from leveling to give the skeletons upgrades.

Well I think my first post answers that.

When they learn the hero spell it will increase the upgrade research level along with it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.