RPG Twilight Path RPG

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Map Size: 160 x 160 (?)
Players: 1.
Map Type: Single-Player RPG.
Description: Choose 1 hero among 4, use 5 unique spells and master the item-attachment system! Advanced battle (maybe) systems and item systems are great features in this RPG!

Features
  • Battle-Music System
  • Item-Attachment System
  • Camera System
  • Spell System

Wanna help?
Greatly appreciated! What I need:
Item ideas, terrain help, modellers, skinners.

I look forward to your cooperation!

Screenshots
None, it is very early in progress.

Progress
20%.

Videos
[YOUTUBE]g_qKYoIoyx4[/YOUTUBE]
Systems.

More info will come, maybe.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Screenshots
None, it is very early in progress.
Surely you have something. Some spells, terrain, anything! If that progress percentage is anyway accurate, surely you must have some noticeable work done.

Features

* Battle-Music System
* Item-Attachment System
* Camera System
* Spell System
Everyone says they're gonna have features like that in their map, and they rarely even see the light of day :rolleyes: Any description of how these things are going to work? Battle system immediately gives me the idea of Final Fantasy's battle system, is it going to be like Final Fantasy, or something completely different?

Also, what about your AoS map?

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
> Surely you have something. Some spells, terrain, anything!

Yeah, I'm making a video.

> Everyone says they're gonna have features like that in their map, and they rarely even see the light of day :rolleyes: Any description of how these things are going to work? Battle system immediately gives me the idea of Final Fantasy's battle system, is it going to be like Final Fantasy, or something completely different?

They are already created. And you know I'm capable of doing it.
The video is about those. And it's a battle-music system, not battle system. When you are attacked, it shifts music.

> Also, what about your AoS map?

Taking a small break :)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
And you know I'm capable of doing it.
I do...? Enlighten me as to why I should know :)

And it's a battle-music system, not battle system
Then this was a typo?
Advanced battle systems
Anyway, battle-music sounds lame :p Would be way more fun to have something like FF battle system than changing the music

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
> I do...? Enlighten me as to why I should know :)

I know you know :p

> Then this was a typo?

Yup.

> Anyway, battle-music sounds lame :p Would be way more fun to have something like FF battle system than changing the music

How is the FF battle system?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
This is FF Battle system (best video that I can find, there's probably more)
[YOUTUBE]vmLrgXBUe_U[/YOUTUBE]
The whole Option menu (with the Attack and, for Squall, Rensokuken choices) probably isn't needed, but the shifting camera to suitable battlefield, allowing row swaps (probably didn't show it there, but I think in FF games, back row are less likely to cause aggro or something) would be a nice addition

I know you know
No, I don't. If you want to continue this, do it via PM or something, no point filling the thread with "yes you do" and "no i dont"

Fix it then? Doesn't appear to be changed at the moment

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
> This is FF Battle system (best video that I can find, there's probably more)
[YOUTUBE]vmLrgXBUe_U[/YOUTUBE]
The whole Option menu (with the Attack and, for Squall, Rensokuken choices) probably isn't needed, but the shifting camera to suitable battlefield, allowing row swaps (probably didn't show it there, but I think in FF games, back row are less likely to cause aggro or something) would be a nice addition

I am making such a thing for the map :) Thanks.
Actually, it's just a multiboard with 2 possibilities, one named "Attack" and one named "Defend". Then there is an indicator (>>) out side the string. Easy done.

> Fix it then? Doesn't appear to be changed at the moment

Done.

I uploaded a video.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Video isn't appearing. It should be
[noparse][YOUTUBE]g_qKYoIoyx4[/YOUTUBE][/noparse]

And I can't see squat of what's happening at the start of the video. Only thing I can see is some bonus damage being gained from that item you dropped and picked up again.

Item-Attachment System
Item attachment system? As in, if you have a sword in your inventory, you'll have a sword on your hero? Yawn

coorporation
That word doesn't exist - it's cooperation

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Sound would do wonders in a video displaying a battle-music system. As for the rest it doesn't seem original at all, considering you even wrote that you basically took some guys systems and remake them in JASS.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
> And I can't see squat of what's happening at the start of the video. Only thing I can see is some bonus damage being gained from that item you dropped and picked up again.

Yes, I know, I'm making more videos and screenies.

>
Item attachment system? As in, if you have a sword in your inventory, you'll have a sword on your hero? Yawn

Yes.

> Sound would do wonders in a video displaying a battle-music system. As for the rest it doesn't seem original at all, considering you even wrote that you basically took some guys systems and remake them in JASS.

Yes, though this isn't the only systems. As stated above, I'm making more videos and screenies.

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
cm on just leave this guy alone hes making an rpg don't see any of you guys making 1 so just shut the fuck up about him i think hes doing good trying to make systems and all that item attachments u guys just cant be assed to do anything than dis peoples work which you couldn't do in 999,999,999,999,999 years

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
cm on just leave this guy alone hes making an rpg don't see any of you guys making 1 so just shut the fuck up about him i think hes doing good trying to make systems and all that item attachments u guys just cant be assed to do anything than dis peoples work which you couldn't do in 999,999,999,999,999 years

I'm just giving my opinion, and common fact (i.e. most RPG's claim to have this, that and the other thing, but end up having nothing). There are a large number of maps which claim to be the best thing since sliced bread, but I haven't seen any that haven't (a) been discontinued since the maker couldn't live up to the claims, or (b) have been completed, but were disappointing. I'm not saying MCR-ELSKER can't make the map, just incase you get that idea

And please:
1) Don't rant about stuff you don't have a clue about :) I can only speak for myself here, but I can make those systems if I wanted to, and had the time to do so, but I have better things to do

2) If you're gonna rant, try not to do it in someone else's thread. I've probably caused enough clutter with the "ye you do", "no i dont" thing, so we should just leave it at that. If you want to someone, PM is probably a much better option than doing it in other user's threads - less hassle for mods to deal with

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
My only advice is to make it as little of a grind (attacking creeps again and again to level up) and more based on dungeons, quests (that don't involve killing loads of one type of monster), and "puzzles".

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
> My only advice is to make it as little of a grind (attacking creeps again and again to level up) and more based on dungeons, quests (that don't involve killing loads of one type of monster), and "puzzles".

Oh no no, I am doing so much for battling to be fun. But of course, an rpg shouldn't only be battling and quests.

> cm on just leave this guy alone hes making an rpg don't see any of you guys making 1 so just shut the fuck up about him i think hes doing good trying to make systems and all that item attachments u guys just cant be assed to do anything than dis peoples work which you couldn't do in 999,999,999,999,999 years

I do not want to be left alone. I like critism. Without critism, a map maker is nothing. And personally I know, that the most of the people who have posted in this thread can make those systems, some of them with ease.

> There are a large number of maps which claim to be the best thing since sliced bread, but I haven't seen any that haven't (a) been discontinued since the maker couldn't live up to the claims, or (b) have been completed, but were disappointing. I'm not saying MCR-ELSKER can't make the map, just incase you get that idea

You are right. But I have found a way to keep on going;
Create systems, terrain, spells, systems, terrain, terrain. And with UMSWE it's fun to make terrain.

skullkidd

Reaction score
My only advice is to make it as little of a grind (attacking creeps again and again to level up) and more based on dungeons, quests (that don't involve killing loads of one type of monster), and "puzzles".

yah puzzles! rpg's are lacking that lately

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I would like to anounce, that since my pc crashed during saving, the map have been put back in more early progress. The battle system still is there, but the attachment system is gone, and I will not create a new one.

This wasn't actually bad, because I felt that I was trapped in the map, somewhere. Now I will focus greatly on the terrain, when not working on War of the Three Hammers.

Right now I will gladly take system and terrain ideas.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.