Two AI Editor Questions

BiweeklyAaro

Reaction score
I making an AI for a night elf army and I got a couple questions for people who hopefully have more experience with this sort of thing.

1. The Slow Harvesting checkbox, does that just reduce the rate at which gold is taken out a mine? Or does it reduce the gold that the computer receives as well? I know the campaign missions mine gold at this rate, but the AI in those missions doesn't seem to have economic problems. Maybe they just start with a ton of resources?

2. Putting Hippogryph Riders in the Build Order. I want the AI to attack with hippogryph riders. I can get the AI to build Hippogryphs and archers, and I have the tame hippogryph upgrade already researched. I have Hippogryph Rider's listed in my attack waves though, and the AI won't mount them up.

If anyone has some info but either of these I'd really appreciate it.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
1) With slow harvesting checked, the AI will only receive 1 gold. In the campaigns, there is a trigger which gives the players gold when their gold drops below a certain level, hence they never have economic problems.

2) It could be an issue with the build order. Make sure you have the train hippogryph rider after the train hippogryph and train archer.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd recommend that you create your AI with triggers, not the AI editor, simply because when you want more control over something in WC3, you should do it all yourself.

BiweeklyAaro

Reaction score
Well that's good to know about the slow harvest thing.

My build order goes Archer, Hippogryph, Hippogryph Rider, Archer, Hippogryph, Hippogryph Rider, etc. When it's in this order it just stops after the first Hippogryph (because you can't build a hippogryph rider?)

I'm sure could set up a trigger to mount them manually, but I'd rather not use triggers if I don't have to, because the interface for doing it through the AI editor is a lot easier to read and make changes to.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm talking about your entire AI. Doing it through the trigger editor is much more powerful.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.