Two maps in one?

Handless

Reaction score
I want that any hero would be able to enter one building in my map, and I thought that it would be best to make own map for that building.. So how can I make unit to enter another map when it enters a region?

I saw this system in TBR 2.0 but I have no idea how it is made.

+rep for helpers :)

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
What... you can enter other maps in The Black Road 2...? Or is it an other map? I mostly recall Everquest to have this feature.

Handless

Reaction score
When you choose a hero you are in a different map than the playing map, or atleast the minimap is much smaller. And if you type repick you get to there again.

So how do I do this or is there some way to show minimap only for certain region and/or make so you can't select anything outside the region?

Rainther

Reaction score
Ah, you mean like that. I don't know how to do that, but would like to know too. :D And it's not new region, it's locked down at the most south western parts of the map.

trees123

Reaction score
If I understand this right, you just want to lock a player's camera to a set region, yes? If that's the case, then you would use a trigger to set the camera to that specific region. I think it would be camera - set bounds or something like that.

Rainther

Reaction score
Cool. Found it :)
Trigger:
  • Camera - Set the camera bounds for Player 1 (Red) to (Current camera bounds)

Whisky

Reaction score
You can either lock the camera to a region or to an unit:
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Camera - Set the camera bounds for (Triggering Player) to (InsertYourRegionHere)
    • Camera - Lock camera target for (Triggering Player) to (Entering unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation

I hope this helps :thup:

Edit: Damn, now you were faster :p

Handless

Reaction score
But this requires the area to be a square right? Or can I set the camera boundaries to many regions at the same time?

Thanks alot anyways :eek:

Rainther

Reaction score
The bounds are the size of your Region. It's by default bound to playable map, which is a Region itself.

Handless

Reaction score
Yes but I mean can i add bounds to a region like this
Code:
|                  |_____________________
|                                       |
|                                       |
|_______________________________________|
Which has two regions in it of course.
I could lock the camera on my hero but i think it is lame and i dont like it :(

Rainther

Reaction score
I can honestly say that I don't understand that example. You could otherwise do like this I believe:
Trigger:
  • Change
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region001<gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set the camera bounds for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to Region001

Handless

Reaction score
Yeah i screwed the first example but now it should be fine?
Maybe i try explain what i mean: Normal region is like the white box you type your posts in, but when you copy that box and turn it 90 degrees and but it on the original box so the corners hit together you have a region shaped like a boot :)

Rainther

Reaction score
It looks good now, however I'm pretty sure that's not possible to do. You'd have to use blackness in that empty area or do like I said with setting new camera bounds for new region.

tmow

Reaction score
Yea...make the mage hugeee!! and seperate it with something like boundarys and have it so the camera cant leave the bounds of ur first area and when you go into the building it PAns to that area and locks again.

ChaosWarlock

Reaction score
If you want an irregular shape you can just put a boundary in the open spaces to fill out the shape you want.

Example:
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llll.....................lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llll.....................lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llll....................................llll
llll....................................llll
llll.........lllllllll......................llll
llll.........lllllllllllllllll.................llll
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Actually, a rect is a square and a region is a combination of rects to make any shape. Thus, you can make lots of regions, break them into rects, then combine whatever rects to make your area.

Or use coords to make a region.

Or start out with rects and skip the first regions and just combine those rects.

This is, of course, assuming you know how to.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
It's only in JASS, my friend.

GUI commands don't accept rects as rects and regions are different types. Just like Units and Unit-Groups are different types.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.