two questions:triggered orders and skill not showing up

Red_drake

Reaction score
the first, im just curious about.
is there any skill taht when ordered to use via triggers, the unit doest have orders interrupted?
because for skills like berserk and wind walk, when used manually, the hero just keeps on doing what hes doing, but when ordered to use berserk via triggers, the unit pauses for a second almost like its going through a casting animation.
so are there any skills that dont do this?

the second one is confusing the hell out of me...
i made a dummy roar ability and turned it into a hero skill. changed some fields etc... and gave it to a hero. all is fine and good so far.
but when i get into the game itself, the skill isnt learnable. at all. it shows the hero with 4 more skill points that are usable, but i dont get the 'learn skill' icon.
yes, i added a research icon, no my icon isnt messed up because i also tried it with the original icon.
ive also made a hero-version-roar before and it worked... so does anyone know whats going wrong now? or any possible reasons that a skill might just not show up?

Shura

Reaction score
For the first question, your ordering the unit to do something, its previous orders are going to be lost. What you could do though is store a units current orders in a variable and then reorder it to use its orders afterwards.

For the second one, I have no idea. Maybe upload map?

Red_drake

Reaction score
well... for skills like berserk when used your ordering a unit to do something >.> and its orders are still kept.
but if there isnt an easy way to not pause the unit then i guess its ok.

EDIT: well... i just copied the skill and added the copy to the hero... and it works... i guess 'A066' just didnt want to work? o.o

canons200

Reaction score
try not to add hero ability to the hero, because hero ability need to use point to learn, if not it will get buggy. BUT you can always add normal ability to hero and set that normal ability to another hero's ability level

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.