US News U.S. to provide $5 billion to help states build network of EV charging stations

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
220214-electric-vehicle-charge-ew-316p-6eed8d.jpg

The Biden administration has announced a $5 billion investment to build electric vehicle charging stations across the country in a bid to ease U.S. dependence on gas-powered cars.

Part of President Joe Biden’s $1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill, the EV program will distribute the money to qualifying states over a five-year period.

The federal Transportation and Energy departments will lead the initiative to electrify interstate highways as rising gas prices and climate concerns motivate people to buy electric.

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said disbursements will go only to states with detailed plans on how they’ll spend the money.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't heard if this proposal says anything about the power source used for the charging stations. Where will the electricity come from? What good are electric cars if you're using coal to charge them?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't heard if this proposal says anything about the power source used for the charging stations. Where will the electricity come from? What good are electric cars if you're using coal to charge them?

I suppose an infrastructure regardless of the power source is a good step though. The source of the power could always change but having the charging stations in place is a good first step right?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.