un-autocastable

zylack

Reaction score
Ok my friend that normally does abilities for our map is away and i gots a question...how do you get an ability un-autocastable? (ima tm that)

O

OmgWtfBacon

which ability is it? Some can't be taken off auto cast.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Create a dummy ability and issue order a unit to cast the auto-cast spell on the target unit

O

OmgWtfBacon

zylack said:
its based of phaseshift
Is that like a custom ability based off DotA or something? Is it triggered? Cause I don't think that's a normal ability, is it.... (Correct me f I'm wrong, please). Tel me what this spell does and I should e able to help though. :eek:

zylack

Reaction score
frairie dragons have phaseshift, its a normal ability in wc. im using it for an archery tactics map and i just realized some guy was using it on autocast and he was basiclaly invinsble cuase of it.

O

OmgWtfBacon

Ah yes that AWESOME archery tactics map you helped with.... :D Why not keep it auto-cast but increase cooldown time? Autocast is usually just a lazy way of not clcking on the spell to cast it on yourself. You CANNOT. Change a spell off auto-cast tho. I would just increase cooldown time.

zylack

Reaction score
the ability works its just that it can be set on autocast which makes ppl realy realy hard to kill. This is all it does:
A player hits e and he "dodges" (as its called in my game), which in a trigger makes him invunerable for that set of time so he cant be killed.

How do i get around this...i could try a dummy spell but its not a target spell and unfortunately i dont know that much about abilities

[edit] i could do that bacon its just that even with long cooldown peopel jsut run away and come back to kill you when they can use it again and its pissing me off >.<

O

OmgWtfBacon

Why not make a dummy unit just cast a spell that makes them have like 75 percent evasion for a short time and costs CRAPLOAD of mana? Sounds good to me, or make the time their invincible shorter, Like Zak said. You do know that if people have divine shield, they are going to REALLY bs it. Everyone does.

zylack

Reaction score
yea you do have a point..ima try the dummycast thing wich shoudl be fun cuase ive never done it b4 cuase my bud normally does that stuff

Just i gotta make it so when the unit moves it stops the evade. anyone know how to do that?

[edit] would this even work?
Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.