Uncontrolable Unit

YoyoZ

Reaction score
Is it possible to make a unit uncontrollable? E.g. only triggers can control the unit and not the player? I first used the change ownership so that the player doesn't own the unit and that workd but things are getting more complicated now and i can't use that method anymore. I have also tried making the unit classification as ward but u can still order the unit to move. I don't want it to be locust coz i want the unit to still be selectable and attackable so yeah...got any ideas?

I'm also trying to make a trigger which orders the unit to do what its suppose to do everytime the player tries to ask it to do something else.
e.g.
E: Unit is issued order
C: order = order(move)
A: Order (ordered Unit) to attack move to reigion 1

is there a better way?

New User

Reaction score
Bakom dörren låg ännu en vägg, men det fanns en liten öppning emellan som ledde ner i marken. Han tog sig ner igenom den lilla glipan och svängde bokhyllan efter sig. Det var alldeles mörkt där han befann sig med den lilla ljuskällan från det mörka rummet borta. Han kunde nätt och jämnt urskilja en tunnel och böjde sig ner för att ta sig igenom den lika trånga passagen. Efter några minuters av blindhet och krypande så nådde han till sist ett slut. Han tryckte lite på lerväggen framför och den öppnade sig lika lätt som bokhyllan.

Han kom in i ett dunkelt rum där det första han lade märke till var en skärm som täckte halva väggen. En soffa låg i mitten av rummet en TV ett par meter därifrån. Ett par datorer låg utspridda över golvet som var täckt av blänkande stål liksom några chipspåsar och coca-cola flaskor.

<Aluminium
<Dunkel

asipo

Reaction score
Mind to define clearly on the uncontrolable part?

What i understand is
The unit mus be selectable
But it will not take any order given
The unit also belong the the player (not transfer the ownership)
Issit?

and what kind of uncontrollable is it?

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Try this:

Trigger:
  • Tester
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to (Your Unit)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Where-ever))

YoyoZ

Reaction score
asipo is right, that is what i'm trying to do. make a unit which is yourz but u can't ask it to do anything, not even move but u can still select it. New User, if i use your idea, the unit will be make to stop, and its actually every similar to mine but its not as perfect as it can be.

da1OnlyEd, ur idea will mean a loop and therefore a crash as when the action orders the unit, it is another order issued and it will just loop. Thats why on another tread i'm asking for the order sting for right click as when i use the unit classifcation of 'ward', the unit does not have anything in the action menu but can see be ordered by right clicking

YoyoZ

Reaction score
its just that its more like to bug with that type of trigger, e.g. a player right clicks continuisly. i want to make it more smooth and also if i do use the stop, the unit will actually stop for a millisecond which can effect gameplay, i want it to not stop at all....but thanks anyways

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.