Unit Flees?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I think I've found something out, for a change!
As many of you know by now. My spawned creeps in my TD attempt to Flee when they get wounded.
But I made a different trigger for creating a different unit with a different mission :p
And once this different unit has completed his mission he, ALWAYS, tried to go back to the point where he was spawned!
So my idea now is. -Maybe the attacker-creeps doesn't try to flee, but try to go back to their spawn location?

Which is just as bad, but maybe anyone out there knows how to solve this?
(Maybe I should mention that these creeps are owned by player Neutral Hostile - Could this have something to do with anything?)

Thank you. (And sorry for posting so much about this problem.. I just can't seem to get it fixed :S)

im not sure about this but if the towers have bash or splash damage or something it will affect the creeps?
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 12 (Brown) Is attacked
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Order (Attacked unit) to Move To (Random point in Region 000 <gen>)
maybe this will help a bit

nigerianrulz>
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 12 (Brown) Is attacked
maybe this will help a bit

he said they are owned by neutral hostile...:rolleyes:
anyways, Exide, to fix this you should really give them to a computer controlled player, not neutral hostile... Im sorry if u wanted 12 players:rolleyes:

Well I tried that. But that's not the problem.
First I thought they were fleeing.
But they're just trying to go back to their spawn point (why I don't know :confused: )
Which means, they dont even have to get attacked to "flee".
I have no idea why they want to go back to the spawn point, though.. Even after being ordered (repeatedly) to move to 'Lives - Region'..
-Stupid creeps.

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Neutral Hostile Is issued an order targeting a point
    Conditions
    Actions
        Wait 15.00 seconds
        Trigger - Add to (This trigger) the event (Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>)
        Unit - Set Rally-Point for (Triggering unit) to (Center of Region 001 <gen>)

another try at this so what this do is after they go back to the base it set the rally point again to the end
hope it does work this time :D

Thanks, but that won't work.
You're using TFT triggers :p
(sorry for late reply)

Keep coming with ideas, please :)

try ... in Advance > gameplay constants

Creeps - Guard return distance

the default value is 1000
modify it to ( any WYSIWYG .. maybe 99999 ? )

i think that would help

i had this problem to with my map moving from one place to another... He gets half way that turns around and goes back..

What i did is set him to player 12

Creeps - Guard return distance is TFT only :(

Player 12, you say?
I've tried Player 11 (Dark green - I like the color) and Neutral Hostile. (None of them work)
Think Player 12 would do the trick?

Ok..if you tried Player 11 or any player...you have to add him in the Player Options Menu...you know the one that says

Player 1 | Starting Race | Point
Player 2 ...............................

and so on to play 12

make player 11 w/e race and define start location...then they should not retreat...

also i'm sure there is a Does Unit Retreat Field in the Object Editor...i have no idea what that does though...may be try that?

Problem is, though. I already have a start location.
When I changed from Player 11 (dark green) to player 12 (brown) the problem got worse :p
The creeps in the second spawn point tried to move to the creeps in the first spawn point and then go together .. -it was all messed up :p
(Maybe I should mention that the Start Location is at the First Spawn point?)

Unit canFlee true/false - can't change that, it's for TFT only.

And as I mentioned, I don't believe they are actually fleeing. (read the above posts)
Thank you for your replies, Please submit more ideas :)

How about setting your player 12 Starting Location in the center of region - lives.

Then spawn them from the outside - a position or region on the map or another dummy unit. That way, if they try to run for their Starting Location, they might run towards the region - lives.

Make sense?

well it's not enough to make the creeps player 12 owned.. you have to go to player options and define player 12 as a "computer"...

so in the player options you might have

Player 1 red, Night Elf, Player
Player 2 blue, Orc, Player ect. ect.
player 12 brown, undead, Computer

i hope you understand what i mean :)

Also be sure to delete the default trigger which initialises the computer AI

I don't mean to be rude or anything but I hope you realize that if this was all I had to do. I wouldn't have made about three posts with the same problem :p

EDIT: And that, of course, I have done all this already :(

maybe it has something to do with the unit you have based your creeps off? just another suggestion :p

I thought so too.
But you see. I have 6 levels (as of now, and I'm not gonna add more 'til I solve this problem).
First level are stags, based of stags ;)
Level 2-4 are regular Neutral Hostile creeps. Such as Troll Priests, Lighting Lizards and some other race :p
Then level 5 is based on Night Elf's Archer.
And level 6 is also Neutral Hostile.

-And they ALL act the same! :(

First of all. I don't mean to double post or anything, I just want your attention. :p
Secondly. Through a lot of tips and ideas and some Private Messages I have managed to solve my problem! :D
The solution, turned out to be very silly, was to place the Start Location of Player 12 (Brown) (Attackers) At the Lives Region. -Apparently the creeps wanted to go to their Start Location, not spawn Regions. I dunno, anyway. It's working! -Wahoo! :D
So I guess we can finally put a closure to this thread.
Thank you all who was involved and who came with excellent ideas. And the person who tipped me with the Start Location - thingie will, as promised, recieve both reputation and a cookie. (The rest of you will "only" recieve a cookie)
So. Thank you all! -I love this forum :p
*hands out FREE cookies to everyone!* (Not spyware) <3 :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.