Units always returning to their point of oringin

Templarion

Reaction score
I tried a couple of things. Didn't work.

If I order units to stop they stop following/attacking nearby enemies. I don't want that. Making units to stop also causes them to stop at the border of the region. That would require me to do another region inside each region and... lots of work. No thanks.

All units that I have placed in my map before starting a game work nice and smooth. Only units that triggers create during the game don't work. Why?!

joaoac

Reaction score
I posted some time ago a trhead telling that my creeps go to some region and automatically back to the origin without any purpose.
Was also unsolved.
:thdown:

aredee

Reaction score
are the units meant to move to other region after entering a region? if yes, i do this one in my map:

event
a unit enter region (the 1st region)

condition
unit type of triggering unit is (your unit)

action
unit - order (triggering unit) to attack-move to (or move to) (2nd region)

this work in my map, but after i chain it with another trigger, after the unit reach the final region the units are return to their spawning region, so i think that's like your problem

Templarion

Reaction score
aredee,

Yep. That is excatly the same problem. I do not want the creeps to return to their spawning point for any reason. This case remains still unsolved.

hellblazer-1

Reaction score
I had exactly the same problem with my cinematic and a bunch of other maps I made before it... I think It may have to do with a patch or version of the patch...

After I updated the game it stopped happening (not the latest patch, the one that requires you not to use a CD for wc3)... But my units did exactly the same, I thought they might be patrolling, so I told them to stop, and not even that worked, they just walked straight back, even if I told them to stop over and over... very annoying.

WEll All I can suggest is for you to try and update your game to the NO CD patch version, its not the latest, but the one before it. Good luck :)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I think it's kind of a bug... unless you trigger with all the things to give the units a new action, if there is nothing there, I think it will return to its spot. Sort of how in a normal game, if you move a unit to anywhere - if it attacks something and the target disappears (can be from death, running away, TP, etc.), it walks back to its spot.

Templarion

Reaction score
All I can suggest is for you to try and update your game to the NO CD patch version, its not the latest, but the one before it. Good luck

Wouldn't the "return thing" come back after I updated Warcraft again to play the map in multiplayer? If I wanted to fix something in the map should I degrade Warcraft again and update if after fixing the map? No way. I am not going to degrade my Warcraft. There are too many IFs in that operation.

Thanks for idea hellblazer-1(+rep). Everything is welcome and I am getting desperate.

I think it's kind of a bug...

A bug? A BUG ?! Oh shit... That would mean that this can not be solved at all. Hours of work down to the sewer. Well, I guess I need to put that map in freeze and start to think something new.

Thanks for the reply thewrongvine, anyway (+rep).

This case is still UNSOLVED. If you have any ideas how to solve this problem, please, feel free to reply.

sentess

Reaction score
Hello.
i have same problem my trigger is just only this.
-create 1 **** in region deafult building faceing.
- move last created unit to region...
any ideas what can solve this?

The Undaddy

Creating with the power of rage
Reaction score
Didn't read the whole thread,but from what I understood the units reach their destination and return?Have you tried ordering them to attack move,when they reach their destination ordering them to move to where they are?(maybe even stop them before ordering move).So like that,maybe you can trick the unit into thinking it just "moved" there :)

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
Hello.
i have same problem my trigger is just only this.
-create 1 **** in region deafult building faceing.
- move last created unit to region...
any ideas what can solve this?

sentess read post number 4 first.... (in case you have not)
That solved a similar but totally unrelated problems.

As for the problem faced.

This happens when there is a computer controlled player.
If you create a unit owned by a Computer Player, gives it a move command, it will move out, however when the command expires (Example: End of a TD or random running.) it will run back towards its spawn point.
I term it as the Homing Pigeon Effect :D

This is how the AI works,

Given: Where-ever the unit is spawn, it is assumed to guard that position.
So when the unit doesn't need to be anywhere else, it will automatically go back and stand guard.

To solve the problem,
Just play with the AI triggers :D
Try a map with Player 12 (Brown) as Computer
The Red part is the key, have to set it after Unit Creation
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
[COLOR="Red"]        AI - Ignore (Last created unit)'s guard position[/COLOR]
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Region 000 <gen>)

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
To solve the problem,
Just play with the AI triggers :D
Try a map with Player 12 (Brown) as Computer
The Red part is the key, have to set it after Unit Creation
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
[COLOR="Red"]        AI - Ignore (Last created unit)'s guard position[/COLOR]
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Region 000 <gen>)

Just to let you know, I tested this, and it does not work.

I'm currently working on a system that simulates the attack-move, but actually uses regular move commands, and when ever it comes in contact with a unit, it attack-moves toward that unit. It will also remember its orders, and when the unit dies, it will follow its movement path again, toward the original targetted area.

It might take a while, though. ;)

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
lol True xD....

Joke m8...

Well Order them after to move a bit near that ordered region,they will patroll to ordered region,but not coming back!

U

unstable

I was wondering, should I really make the creeps neutral hostile and not some computer player property? Would that help anything? Has anyone ever even made this shit before?!
Yep this is the easier solution and it does work. Just set the Creeps - Guard variables in the gameplay constants to max.

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
Mobs owned by neutral hostile will always return to their point of origin.

Mobs owned by Player 12 (Brown) should never exhibit this behavior unless controlled by an AI.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Mobs owned by neutral hostile will always return to their point of origin.

Mobs owned by Player 12 (Brown) should never exhibit this behavior unless controlled by an AI.

They still do. I'm having problems with it myself, whether or not brown is a computer, controlled by an AI, whatever.

If you find a solution to this, please post it here. I'll be working on my system in the mean time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.