Unreal Tournament mapping design

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
While I have been working on my map for Warcraft III, I have also been working on a map for Unreal Tournament 2004. I've been working on this map for quite a while, and I still need to add some mapping outlines, static meshes, etc. The pathnodes for the computers are a little off as well, as sometimes they do what they're not supposed to do.

This map is loosely based off one of the maps in Unreal Tournament 2004, so if you've played it, you'll most likely notice a similarity. Some of the pathnodes for the computers are a little off, and I'm still working on that.

I've been working with Unrezal Tournament maps for about 2 years now, so tell me what you think of it. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

I'll show another one of my maps later on if ya'll want. I like showing my work to my fellow mappers:).

Sp3tZn4z

Cool Member
Reaction score
Good looking map

looks like cs mapping :p

Unleash the furry mitch <-------- dont mind this i wus thinking about a movie

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Still needs alot of work. The computers are the hardest, as they're not human-like enough. They automatically know your there when you have invisibility on, and they get way to many headshots. Also, even the Godlike bots sit there and snipe you instead of jumping up and down and being a b*tch to target.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
This was based off the Tutorial map that came with Unreal Tournament 2004, and I recreated it for the learning purposes. It's not the same exact thing, but it is based off the Turoial map that came with it. I've been working with the UT2004 editor for ahwhile, not knowing THAT much about it, but I never said I was good. I only know the basics and how to manipulate and recreate the basic Unreal Tournament 2004 ceations, but I am not good enough to make brand new mutators, gametypes, etc. I just said F' it and I'll go to the Atari forums for comments, this probably isn't the place to discuss Unreal Tournament mapping design anyways.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
FYI, did you know that Unreal Tournament was made with Lightwave...not 3dsmax?

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Alot of the textures were created in Lightwave, yea.

P.S. Rinpun, your avatar isn't working, it ahs the Red X.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.