Unusual Error Message, please read.

Fulgore

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted. I took a gander at the sticky threads to make sure. Anywho, I've been receiving this pop up like error. The thing thats weird about it is its not the standard error window that you would normally see. It appears in the notepad program. When I log in on my password protected user I end up having notepad open itself up and displays nothing in the text region, but on the title bar where the name would go it states exactly " _nosso_error_ " this has baffled me:confused: . I went on and search my computer for anything new or unusual. Then search for anything with its name. I never found file under this name. So I used the good old world wide web hoping for someone with a similar problem. Unfourtunately I found nothing when searching. The things I did find were either Spanish or unrelated. I tried multiple search engines too. Google, Dogpile, Yahoo, AlltheWeb, etc. So my last hope lies with you guys. Anyone have an idea as to what this "error" may be and why its coming up right after login in on my password protected account?

Note: The "error" only appear on the password protected account.

Thank you for looking and if you gave any help,

Tim Holycross

When I log in on my password protected user I end up having notepad open itself up and displays nothing in the text region, but on the title bar where the name would go it states exactly " _nosso_error_ " this has baffled me:confused:
Sounds like some kind of malware to me. Did you already check for virii / spyware / trojans?

Yeah I did run scans for everything like that. I found nothing more than tracking cookies. I have ZoneAlarm for a firewall and Avast! for virus protection.

JASS:
Dogpile? Were your last hope? That's a bit insulting... However true.

Is it hurting your comp... I mean this doesn't look serious but it sure is mysterious. I think you can continue doing stuff on it because it doesn't look like it's hurting you comp however you may want to see what programs you have running in the background. If the trouble's there then your spy ware or w/e didn't catch it thinking it was just another system. When it pops up check if anything goes haywire... if it does, then use a different account until you have the problem under control.

EDIT:Whoops didn't notice I had JASS on...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.