Upgrade reseter

Monictor

Reaction score
Making a game where players buy units and upgrade them to eventually fight each other in a battleground. When players buy units a building is made for that unit which contains its upgrades.

After every battle i need the upgrades to be reset.

So I made this trigger so that when the unit dies, its upgrades for that player are supposed to reset to 0. A player can only have 1 type of unit at a time.

Here is an example of one of the triggers:

Trigger:
  • Demon reset
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Demon Lord
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Demon Armor to 0 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Set the current research level of Hit Point Bonus Demon to 0 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Set the current research level of Speed Bonus Demon to 0 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Set the current research level of Vampirism to 0 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Set the current research level of Demon Rake +1 to 0 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))

However, this does not work. The units still have the upgrades when they are recreated, and they are not in the upgrade building. Is there a way to reset upgrades?

Asdfblah1

Reaction score
Upgrades cannot be downgraded. They're called upgrades for a reason.

I think in the new starcraft they'll be downgradeable

Monictor

Reaction score
Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit.

So what's the point of the "set research level" function?

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
A replacement solution would be to make upgrades units. Wouldn't be easy to pull off, needs jass and stuff probably. There is a system called UnitProperties (I think) that could help you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.