Using secondary attack

Gravit

Reaction score
Is there a trigger that can change a unit from using attack 1 to using attack 2? I know how to set it in the editor. What I'm looking for is changing it while you're in game. Would appreciate the help.

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
That isn't what he means, or he would just change attack 1. I don't think there is any way to force a unit to use a different attack... :confused:

Gravit

Reaction score
Crud. I'll try and work around it then. I may have to create a backup unit that uses attack 2 instead, for each unit I want this to happen to.

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Well, you can't force it to use the attack, but you can always work around it, depending on your circumstances and needs. If you tell me what you need it to do a secondary attack for, I can probably help.

Gravit

Reaction score
At the start of my map, you get to choose what game mode you're gonna play. If you chose a certain mode, I wanted every unit that spawned to use attack 2 instead of attack 1.

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Hmmm. I think the easiest way to do that would be to make copies of the units to use, and then just change the enabled attack to the attaack you want. Then if you spawn them or use triggers, just make an extra set for that mode that will spawn the "secondary" units instead. Hope that helps :eek:

Darthfett said:
Well you can use upgrades. One kind can disables one attack, and enable the other. (Flying Machine Bombs)
Another good idea. I think both use the same amount of work, because you still have to make it upgrade the units.

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Hmm yes. I was thinking of making a different upgrade for every unit...*sigh*. I can be like that sometimes :banghead:

Use Darthfett's way.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
actually the best way is to use an ability based off some orb.
technically orbs enable attack 2 and change the projectile.
but Darthfett's way is good too.

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Darthfett's way is better, otherwise you have to pick every unit owned by the player. That's definately like 2 extra lines of actions. Gosh!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.